clear headlights

IF you mean like these;

th_daygrille.jpg

I got mine off of ebay. just go with the lowest seller becuase dispite all the advertising they give about being better than the others there's only one company that makes em and so they are all the same.

IF you mean like these;

th_daygrille.jpg

I got mine off of ebay. just go with the lowest seller becuase dispite all the advertising they give about being better than the others there's only one company that makes em and so they are all the same.

alright, thanks dude.

you know i can honestly say im not really impressed with mine, with a lift they put out horrible light, high beams are ok, but its like a short line of light 20ft in front of me... i dunno i guess im'a have to get some driving lights to make up the distance and then aim mine up higher for more distance light

With that in mind fellas, since jeeps had round headlights they sold aftermarket replacement light (housings) that you couls stick an h3 bulb into. THe Pathy lights at first look like a standard square light, so don't they sell hollow square lights to stick anh3 bulb into? or are Pathy lights special? (special shape)? back years ago one of my buddies from the Army had an isuzu amigo and he put some square headlights that had a black metallic screen inside the glass so when off it looked almost all black... then it went to regular when you turned on the headlights.

I know I am talking opposites from clear light housings (soundds like what you mentioned above in plastic?) to a black out headlight.. but I am just considering options....

Your thinking of the H4 conversion, gotta do the Hardbody complete front end swap to work them in(MY1PATH has the grille but modifyed it for wd21 headlights)

He is looking for these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1987-1995-N...sQ5fAccessories

Your thinking these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7x6-SQUARE-...3A1%7C72%3A1171

($10? almost thinking about it, of course thinking about not as well)

Edited by nunya

I can testify that they a great improvement! My only thing about them that i dont like is they are plastic and not glass

Look up xpel.com I put some of their thick stuff over my lights and they still look new when I whipe the dirt off.

they claim to protcect against a 1oz stoing going 120mph. after branch slaps, and close following (esp beind a blazer doing doughnuts in gravel) I'm starting to beive it.

• 4 weeks later...

I put a set in my 89 SE and the improvement in the lighting is quite a bit, not as good as my 2002 Altima, but much better than the stock lights. I feel they look better also, but the improvement in how they handle the light really lights up the road and those pesky deer that keep trying to run out in front of me.

Here is a photo of how they look on my Pathfinder!

Tom

89PathClear.jpg

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I didn't aim them properly or what, but now after a few months of having them, I think I want to go back to the old lights. The low beams absolutely suck! Especially in wet weather.

That is strange because I have the opposite opinion, my old stock lights were like driving through a tunnel on a dark night on blacktop back roads. The clear lights do a much better job of distributing the light especially in the ditch.

Possibly you should raise yours up a bit until the low beams are where you want them to be and don't worry about the high beams since you turn them off anyway when you meet another vehicle. I did change the bulbs to Sylvania XtraVision before I even installed the lights, compared to the Sylvania SilverStars I had in the old housings, which were about three years old.

Try changing the bulbs, just in case the ones that came with the clear headlights are not the best bulbs. I find the clear headlights to be a giant step up from stock, especially the way they throw light along the side of the road as well as on the blacktop.

Tom

Try changing the bulbs, just in case the ones that came with the clear headlights are not the best bulbs. I find the clear headlights to be a giant step up from stock, especially the way they throw light along the side of the road as well as on the blacktop.

Tom

yes, the bulbs that come with the clears are not anything special, good spares @ best. get some good bulbs in there and aim the lows properly.

I just drove home from the Twin Cities last night in the rain and mine worked great, so you really need to get some better bulbs and you will be happy with the clear lenses.

Tom

when you say twin cities are you talking from minnesota or r u from somewhere else?

Yes I meant the Minneapolis/St Paul area!

I drove over to Snelling by the State Fair Park to pick up some tires last night and then had the pleasure of driving back to Wisconsin in the snow mist we had going on. The lights worked great although I did use my under the bumper fog lights in some of the lower areas where the mist got a bit thick.

Tom