No more Pathfinder

Kingman

Thanks for that, I know that since my step mom is battling breast cancer I have been doubting...not anymore. I know we're not supposed to get in to religious stuff on the forum so I'm trying to keep it low key...

Wow that really sucks about your back, drunk people and fast cars don't mix...

I'm hoping to see my rig again someday, I have a feeling someone will buy it and rebuild it. I don't know why but I just do. Mostly because it still ran and drove fine. So I'll keep the spare key to it and who knows, maybe some day I'll happen to see a familiar "face" and test that key out.

Haha that meet up sounds like a plan! I was hoping to get down to Hollister this summer or next summer, but now obviously it's going to be next summer.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, the poor thing looks like an old dog with gland problems trying to scoot its ass across the carpet.

Yeah, she looks pretty butt hurt, and for good reason!

Ouch. Awful experience. Glad you are in one piece. Kinds sucks with all the work you sunk into the vehicle. Oh well.

I'd get on top of the neck soreness/stiffness as soon as possible (pain permitting). Stomach crunches, swimming, stretching (slow 'n careful), talk to a physiotherapist, etc. You like to hunt and be mobile? Get on it man. Don't play sick for the courts.

The probability of a nasty rear-end collision has me coasting into red lights and busy stop signs slowly, typically forcing the vehicle behind me to slow down quickly. I also like to leave plenty of room between me and a busy intersection to reduce the probability of becoming collateral dammage.

Holy @!*% balls...glad you're alright dude...that reminds me of getting hit head on in my bronco II wish I had pix of that...I guess I don't need to ask why you don't need parts anymore...

That's a pretty serious lick...out of all honesty buying it back, you probably won't make it back out of it...the tire carrier may be usable and the glass but pretty much everything else is going to be junk...in the "small" accident wheelman was in, was bad enough to kill the engine, it took it some time but it did receive some damage from the impact so I'd def say unless they're going to sell it to you dirt cheap then I wouldnt even stress about it...

I imagine the frame is all horked up and pulling things will be very difficult without a sawsall...wheelman's wasnt near that beat up and I had some issues up front that required a lil chop chop action...

Glad your alright for the most part and take care of that neck...good luck in the hunt for a new pathy

Thanks.

Well, umm, the guy's insurance company just offered $1011 total for my truck. They can go fskc themselves with a giant totem pole.

I went to the Chiropractor today who's family are Longshoremen (WOOT!) and he said my neck and shoulders are royally messed up. I'm as stiff as a board lol. He isn't going to do anything more with my neck for a few visits because it's so spasmed and tense, but I have a massage and back adjustment 3x a week for the next 2 weeks. Yay...

So the whole package plan should take about 6-8 months to get my body back in tip top shape. :)

$1011 ? :rofl:

Isn't that what your stereo alone is worth ? :rofl:

I'd offer to take $6,000. Match their absurd number with yours. It's an old trading trick. Then you can meet in the middle for $3k-$4k and everyone's happy. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This might be kind of late but I did get rear ended by a Ford Explorer doing 40 mph off a ramp driven by some college student texting on a cellphone... WTF lol

Good thing it was when I just took my foot of the brake, I got launched 100 feet forward, quite a speed boost that was! lol

Anyway basically my tire carrier got bent into something other than a tire carrier and there was very light damage to the tailgate. I got another tire carrier for $10 down at the yard, no problem. :D

These trucks are very strong! Still drove like it did before too.

• 3 weeks later...

Well this thread can be laid to rest. I got a new Pathfinder and the old one doesn't need to be brought up any more through this thread. It's still an awfully sore spot for me as it is.