quick question

jimmaw

so this past friday the pulley attached to my water pump, the one with the fan, it snapped, and by that i mean that the metal rod that connects said pulley , and fan to the water pumps inerds snapped. any bodoy have any thoughts on why? could i have just bought a faulty part? any ways the problem should be fixed tomorrow waiting on the water pump it was on back order.

Edited by jimmaw

that literaly just happened to mine about a week ago! was on the freeway too.

time to change the water pump. Only had about 20,000 miles on it. Only thing I can think of was that I bumped it a few times when i changed my head gaskets.

had you been working on the engine at all and knocked it or anything at all?

got pics?

no and its already at the shop torn apart but i'll throw some up of the destryoed pump after i go pick it and the truck up. just thought it was kinda weird to break the way it did

that literaly just happened to mine about a week ago! was on the freeway too.

time to change the water pump. Only had about 20,000 miles on it. Only thing I can think of was that I bumped it a few times when i changed my head gaskets.

had you been working on the engine at all and knocked it or anything at all?

nope, i was doing doughnuts about an hour before and then on the way home i hear a snapping sound

Possibly a faulty part. If that pump have 100's of thousands of miles on it (multiple rebuilds) it's possible the metal has stressed. Could have even exploited what originally could have been a minor flaw.

Since it's in the shop and they are going that far, are you also having them change the timing belt while they are at it? Perfect time to do it ;)

Possibly a faulty part. If that pump have 100's of thousands of miles on it (multiple rebuilds) it's possible the metal has stressed. Could have even exploited what originally could have been a minor flaw.

Since it's in the shop and they are going that far, are you also having them change the timing belt while they are at it? Perfect time to do it ;)

already did that one in feb, when i put this pump in, but am getting new radiator, it took a little chunk outta the old one.

Wow!! I see marks on the shaft, did the bearing seize??

B

not sure its fine now, that is a bosch pump they actually did a recall because of this, and because of that my water pump and my new radiator were free! well not completly cost me forty bucks for fluid and time.

Edited by jimmaw