Finally Lifted the QX4

EmptyV

So I finally lifted the QX4. Here's 2 before and after pics. Next on the list is 32's and some MT Side Biters.

2001 2WD QX4 - 3" lift

KYB GR-2's up front

NX4 1" spacers with welded in extended 3/8" hardware

OME HD's all the way aorund

1" Mr Gasket Coil Spacers in the back

BEFORE

StraightRight.jpg

AFTER

DSCF1505.jpg

So waddaya think?

Billy

Edited by EmptyV

Looks good! With the 2" lift plus spacers - are you having the strut top-out issue that folks have talked about?

Thanks! Not to sound like a complete half-a-tard but I still don't quite understand what the strut top-out problem is. So far 80mph on the freeway seems normal.

Billy

Thanks! Not to sound like a complete half-a-tard but I still don't quite understand what the strut top-out problem is. So far 80mph on the freeway seems normal.

Billy

Just go drive over a speed bump in a parking lot. Then you'll understand what the strut top-out problem is.

Just go drive over a speed bump in a parking lot. Then you'll understand what the strut top-out problem is.

If you are not trying to find out what it sounds like & it just happens then it might freak you out (cause it sounds like your front end is falling off) but after a while you get used to the sound. Don't worry most of us sound like tards around here anyhow.

Are you happy with your lift?

If you are not trying to find out what it sounds like & it just happens then it might freak you out (cause it sounds like your front end is falling off) but after a while you get used to the sound. Don't worry most of us sound like tards around here anyhow.

Glad to see you're still alive! So far I'm really happy with the lift. As a whole it handles so much better and feels a lot more solid.

Billy

Glad to see you're still alive! So far I'm really happy with the lift. As a whole it handles so much better and feels a lot more solid.

Billy

Yeah I'm still here, I was banned over on NICO but it has actually come off now... people get their panties in a bunch waaaay to often but I don't really care.

Yeah I'm still here, I was banned over on NICO but it has actually come off now... people get their panties in a bunch waaaay to often but I don't really care.

You offended me!!!! MODS, BAN HIM!!! :P:lol:

No @!*%. I like most of the guys in the pathy/QX4 forum, but most of the wankers who haunt the gen chat are douches. Far too many of them live their lives on that forum.

Right now it sounds like some bushings need to be replaced, is that what it's supposed to sound like?

Billy

Right now it sounds like some bushings need to be replaced, is that what it's supposed to sound like?

Billy

no.... believe me...you'll know.... It's a loud BANG! ... I'm still not fully used to it...still get the little gut feeling when it happens...;-)

Billy

I second the big bang sound being top out. If your hearing a sound during normal driving hitting little bumps etc, it could be rod ends, ball joints or sway bar end links. Check for wear in those items.

I seem to have had a bad rash of sway bar end link failures on TRW lifetime guaranteed parts installed on the wifes '01. Always the first place I check for wear in the front end.

Cheers

I second the big bang sound being top out. If your hearing a sound during normal driving hitting little bumps etc, it could be rod ends, ball joints or sway bar end links. Check for wear in those items.

I seem to have had a bad rash of sway bar end link failures on TRW lifetime guaranteed parts installed on the wifes '01. Always the first place I check for wear in the front end.

Cheers

Agreed, my links made a TON of noise, now the worn out struts are clunking a couple months after I replaced the links...joy!

no.... believe me...you'll know.... It's a loud BANG! ... I'm still not fully used to it...still get the little gut feeling when it happens...;-)

I have flown over small sharp speedbumps and long flatter ones and have yet to experience this. I guess I should consider myself lucky. Time to get the front end looked at though.

Billy