spark plugs update

ac92pathfinder

will it urt to run any of those. the autoparts i went to dont have the ngk or denso'd and i need them by today will it hurt it?

Neither,

NGK or Bosh

I have had both autolites and champions BAD out of the box

Both plugs that he said are sold at wal-mart...I stay away from wal-plugs...I run Ac-delco plugs and my truck runs good

Just because of where it's sold doesn't reflect on quality, unless it's a store brand name. If quality were to be affected by stores, then Wal Mart wouldn't sell BFGs, Goodyear MTs, Castrol, Pennzoil, Mobil1, etc etc.

When it comes to plugs, I've always recommended running what the factory made. If it's a Nissan, use NGK, if it's a gm use ACdelco, Ford use Motorcraft.

Can't just use the old plugs till you can get ngk's?

When it comes to plugs, I've always recommended running what the factory made. If it's a Nissan, use NGK, if it's a gm use ACdelco, Ford use Motorcraft.

Can't just use the old plugs till you can get ngk's?

^^^ x 1000

i stay away from brands like TripleFire and Bosch Platinum, and anything aftermarket really. Just use OEM and you'll get the best performance. Don't try to save a few bucks by getting the $2 plugs. Spend the extra $20-40 for OEM and you won't regret it. They offer better performance, better fuel economy, and longer life.

so i would have to order the plugs. in the mean time i got lubricate to soak the plugs then brush them off with a mini wire brush and rinse with brake clean seems the clean it good. i let the oil drain over night to get most of it out. do u recommend me canging it again to get some of the gas out of the engine? well im hopeing this will work wish me luck. thanks for all your replies

next time, spray some compressed air on the plugs to blast any dirt or grit out before removing them. you don't want that stuff falling inside the combustion chamber when you remove your old plugs. Put a thin coat of anti-seize compound on each new plug before you install them.

i don't understand what you are talking about getting gas out of the engine. are your cylinders flooded with fuel?

next time, spray some compressed air on the plugs to blast any dirt or grit out before removing them. you don't want that stuff falling inside the combustion chamber when you remove your old plugs. Put a thin coat of anti-seize compound on each new plug before you install them.

i don't understand what you are talking about getting gas out of the engine. are your cylinders flooded with fuel?

ya my spark plugs smell like strong fuel. it was damp.

ok so i took the spark plugs out cleaned them took all the black crud off till i get new ones and changed the oil. when i start it up it smokes out of the exhaust like a mother basicly what it did before. started right up ran for a min then died, then i tried starting it u can hear it back firing through the airfilter box with smoke coming out of it then finally starts let it run for almost a min then dies but when i do keep it running i have to keep tapping on the gas cause when i press it it sputters like it wants to cut out but it likes to back fire through the air box when i try to use gas to keep it running seems to idle fine but then it goess down and dies. uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my next thing is drain the gas tank? maybe fuel pump?

so basically it ran fine then you ran out of gas and once you filled it up again its been acting like this?

it didnt run out it got to where the gauge wont go any lower so i had a tow truck driver came out and put 5 dollars worth in and thats when it acted up.