What you guys think?

pathfinder93x

I recently picked up a set of 31x10.50-15 BFG A/Ts in similar shape for $100. I gave $200 for my last set of used 32x11.50-15 BFG A/Ts on black steel wheels. They had much better tread though. I hope that helps a little.

Tom

Looks like they were overinflated, seems like they're at 20%-35% from the picture on the right. The pic on the left looks good though.

Edited by Kingman

i added some more pictures to show them off.... well i find it hard to find used 32s in canada... not as many offroaders in my region anyhow... and new ones go for 250$ + so i figured its a steal to find these ones (im trading my old cellphone for 250$ anyhow). As for rims anyone have suggestions for size... looking to get a black set of rims

Yeah those look pretty decent. I'd give him $150-200 for all 5. If you get those, rim size depends on the size of the tire.

Edited by Kingman

Yeah, well worn, yeah, overinflated. They are pretty worn (unevenly), who knows how they balance and you still have to pay for mounting, etc.

this they can last me a season or 2 at least?

How many and what kind of miles do you drive in a season? What size are they??

I wouldn't pay more than $40-50 per tire even if I was desperate. :shrug:

B

Yeah, well worn, yeah, overinflated. They are pretty worn (unevenly), who knows how they balance and you still have to pay for mounting, etc.

How many and what kind of miles do you drive in a season? What size are they??

I wouldn't pay more than $40-50 per tire even if I was desperate. :shrug:

B

I drive about 100km a day.... mounting will be free as my friend owns a garage... They are 32x12.5r15

Im paying 200 for 5... comes with the spare

Well then, if you need them to last you a hard summer or light year until spring to replace, then it might work. I'm picky about tires, it only takes one slide to cause serious damage...

B

it only takes one slide to cause serious damage...

B

Exactly... Just so you know, I found that the BFG AT's I had slid easily on wet roads, until I had them siped, then they got pretty good traction or an AT.

But that is not an option for those tires, they are to low (remaining tread) to effectively sipe

I have new BFG ATs and they are NOT great on wet pavement. Just the nature of the tread design. The best wet tire I ever drove was this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...=Eagle+F1+GS-D3

And it has a unidirectional V tread, which is great to counter hydroplaning. Pumps water out like no one's business.

As you can see, it uh looks nothing like the BFG tread. :)

But it totally sucks at anything but rainy (not snowy or icy) conditions and dry pavement. :) Advantage BFGs.

No I didn't say that... I said that my BFG AT's slid a bit more than expected, not bad (for THIS type of tire :togo: ) just more than I figured they would. Both when they were new and when they had 10-20K miles on them.

I was near the tire shop one day and decided to have them do the rotation for me. They looked at them and offered to sipe them for a fee... after wheeling and dealing we settled on FREE :D So I had them do it. It made a difference, a very noticeable difference.

I have new BFG ATs and they are NOT great on wet pavement. Just the nature of the tread design. The best wet tire I ever drove was this:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...=Eagle+F1+GS-D3

And it has a unidirectional V tread, which is great to counter hydroplaning. Pumps water out like no one's business.

As you can see, it uh looks nothing like the BFG tread. :)

But it totally sucks at anything but rainy (not snowy or icy) conditions and dry pavement. :) Advantage BFGs.

)

I have those on my Benz Sport... perfect for Seattle... and great in the summer as well! ( Eagle F1 GS D3)

2323156320104806154S600x600Q85.jpg

sorry to thread jack.. I got excited.... :coffee!:

Edited by beavis0076

Exactly... Just so you know, I found that the BFG AT's I had slid easily on wet roads, until I had them siped, then they got pretty good traction or an AT.

But that is not an option for those tires, they are to low (remaining tread) to effectively sipe

Sipping will make the tires last longer too.

Here tyres like that would go for $300-$350, just shows how much we are getting ripped off down here.

Yikes, you're not kidding... :scratchhead:

In my *limited* experience with tires, I'd always go brand new. But for ~$180, what the hey... :aok: