NPORA Apparel

5523Pathfinder

PLEASE READ!!![

So my mom sent me a email and I thought I would pass it along to everyone. Hopefully it will help answer a few questions....

Hi Derek,

I was interested in your post so I went to your NPORA website to see what you listed. I am quite tickled with the response!

There are, I feel, a few concerns I would like to address for your members. (Just doing a little homework, if you will)

The Caps: I can't do the small lettering any smaller . . . to put it quite simply, it just looks like crap! But . . . I can drop the small lettering and do just the NPORA alone, which maybe an idea. Also, if anyone is interested, I can add a name, nickname or location on the back of the cap, if desired (for an additional charge, of course!) I ain't Santie Clause, you know!!!

The Shirts: I think we should try to decide on a fair "base price" for the shirt with just the logo on left chest. Then, an additional charge to add printing to the back of the shirt and/or sleeve, or where ever. That way no one will have to pay for something they don't want. I just did all the printing on your shirt to give everyone an example, or idea, of the locations and sizes of printing that can be done. (For you as members to decide.) Also, as an option to have the shirt personalized with their own vehicle, only if desired. I was just showing off options available.

One of the cost factors when dealing with the price is; in order for anyone to have this done by another business, (like the guy in Australia, or, anyone else for that matter) - would be the artwork and digitizing charges. Believe me, it ain't cheap and it don't come for free! And if it is cheap, I guarantee that it won't be the best job in the world! (You're members are fortunate that you have the "hook up" by a mom that was willing to do the artwork and digitizing for free for her son.)

You can challenge anyone to check out having the design artwork and digitizing done by any other business! I sure don't mind competition.

Next, these are not cheap, thin shirts! I use either Gildan UltraCotton:

6.1 oz., 100% cotton

Top-Stitched neckline and collar

Seamless collar for more comfort

Taped neck and shoulders for long wear

Double-needle stitching for durability

Or, Hanes BeefyTees:

Preshrunk 6.1 oz., 100% ring-spun cotton

Shoulder-to-shoulder taping, cover-seamed neck and double-needle sleeves and bottom hem.

Or, Hanes Tagless Tees:

6.1 oz., 100% cotton open-end yarn

Tagless Tee design for ultimate comfort

Preshrunk, with double-needle cover-seamed neck, shoulder-to-shoulder taping and double-needle sleeve and bottom hems.

These shirts are all the heaviest tees out on the market with the least shrinkage. It sucks when you buy a shirt and the sucker shrinks two sizes.

Next, these are not screen printed shirts. They don't have the plastic ink that is heavy and cracks with age. This is a garment die that is undetectable to the touch for excellent comfort and wear-ability. If washed correctly, they will last a VERY, VERY long time, unlike the screenprinting.

If someone wants to go cheaper, then actually, I would prefer they go somewhere else. I take pride in my work, and I strive to provide the very best quality garments, embroidery and printing at a reasonable price. I am not out there to rip anyone off, how does that help me do business? (I can get cheap, cheap shirts and caps, but they wouldn't be happy with them and I would not be responsible for how they print out or stitch out.) I don't want my name on that kind of work!

Heck, for that matter, why buy a Nissan Pathfinder when you could pay less for a Chevy or a Ford? If you are proud of your what you drive and your membership, then why not be proud of what you wear?

I hope I have addressed your co-members concerns. Feel free to post my email for them to read if you like, and I am looking forward to possibly serving the Nissan Pathfinder Off Road Association!

Most Lovingly,

Patriotic Pride Embroidery

(Mom)

*** A note for the guy in Austrailia, I checked with USPS on shipping a 1 pound package and the prices aren't really that bad, I could ship 2 shirts (@ 7.25 oz weight per shirt, plus the printing ink weight) for the following prices.

Priority Mail® International Small Flat-Rate Box 6 - 10 Days $12.95

First-Class Mail® International Package* Time Varies $10.76

Heck, for that matter, why buy a Nissan Pathfinder when you could pay less for a Chevy or a Ford? If you are proud of your what you drive and your membership, then why not be proud of what you wear?

LOL, Mom knows how to set the hook... :D

Hey Mom, and thanks for the input and good info!! I'll be buying a few shirts and a cap regardless, but I like the way you outline the 'base trim package' with 'factory options' from there. That should appeal to this crowd also... ;)

:beer:

B

What i care about in the shirts is thickness. There's nothing worse than a t-shirt so paper-thin that your nipples look erect and show through the shirt.

So Hanes beefy tee or (whichever is thickest, i cant quite tell from her email) i'll be down. I prefer the logo on the sleeve. And that gray color is nice.

Let me know how much, as well as a rough ETA, and ill paypal ya!

I will probably let this thread go till the weekend, then I will do a poll on pricing and what everyone seems to want. I think shipping will always depend upon where you are and how much you order. But, then again, Im not the guy actually making the stuff!

I think the shirt with the pic of the pathfinder on it is just plain corny.

I'd definitely be down for the shirt with just the logo.

What i care about in the shirts is thickness. There's nothing worse than a t-shirt so paper-thin that your nipples look erect and show through the shirt.

:rofl:

X2!

Edited by Kingman

I'm a big fan of the "DICKIES" Short Sleeve Button -Up Work Shirts.....in Black XL with that Kick ASS Embroidery Job......If I sent you the shirt can you embroider the front left breast above the pocket....I'm sure the same size as the hat since its probably already a saved pattern??? Would pay ofcourse!

• 1 month later...
Here are the hats she made. ONe is a Flex-fit hat, and the other is an normal rear velcro adjustable hat.

biggrampics010.jpg

biggrampics011.jpg

biggrampics012.jpg

On the hat design, I think it could loose the square border. I think it would look cleaner.

So, tell me what you think, what should change or any other ideas. Pricing will come later, but I would guess somewhere around $25 for the base T-shirt(with logo on front and back), and $20 for the base adjustable hat.

Thanks all and I hope you like it!

EDIT: The base T-shirts will not have a Pathfinder on the back! This was a demo shift only! The plan is to move the Logo up on the shirt where the truck is now.

with the hat why not lose the square border and maybe put NPORA on the bill off to one side then on the back have it say nissan pathfinder offroad association? anyways just a thought the flexfit is the nicer looking hat, my thoughts anyways. love the shirts.

Edited by jimmaw

(You're members are fortunate that you have the "hook up" by a mom that was willing to do the artwork and digitizing for free for her son.)

Thank you, Derek's Mom :D

No, really :aok:

• 5 weeks later...

Well this looks like the only open thread.

I just received 3 T-shirts and a hoody from Derek/ his mom.

DSC01713.jpg

Very professional looking, Quality clothing. I don't know what else I can say, but I am very happy to be wearing NPORA gear that has been so well done.

Great work Mom :D

:beer:

*Please note not every order comes with a bag of Cheetos :D *