ANti freeze leak?

Well I got a 1995 pathfinder XE v-6 Jan of 2008.Its been a great truck other then frame rust issues(fixed) and this.It leaks coolant from front of engine.I had he water pump,hoses(all of them...even that little SOB(main leak fixed)cam seals and T-belt replaced.But its leaking again.Its pissing me off that the damn thing leaks anti-freeze evan after putting $780 bucks in the front of the engine.So what could it be...head gasket,or I heard someplace thats theres a valve on the heads on the front end(fan side)If so...where,I dont see any valves.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by nismothunder

Yeah Its not leakng there any more...I think thats the little Sob that was split and was puking all over my engine.But I did find out something from it.BAR's Rad Stop Leak does work.For a while until the hose splits completey.

do NOT put the BAR stop leak thing in there as it also tends to plug small passages that need to be open for the thing to operate properly.

amen! i blew my HG shortly after using bars leak :rant2:

do NOT put the BAR stop leak thing in there as it also tends to plug small passages that need to be open for the thing to operate properly.

ya we did that to my moms old yukon and it did stop the leak but two month later it needed a new radiator for the temp was going past 210. we broke off one of the plastic sides and it had crap blocked the little water passages. it sucked.

Its Mutli port injected not throttle body.Also I put the pellots in and not the stuff that looks like sand and smells like crap.I looked at it yster day and it looks like its coming from the passger side of the engine where it was leaking before.Also it looks like the A-hhole who replaced the parts put Silicon on a ...I dont know what the hell it is but its up above the water pump on the left side and a hose goes to it.Its black silicon and I dont know if you can put silicon on a anti freeze line(it does have anti freeze going through it I know that much and the peice is only there so you can mount a hose) also the guy did not replace the thermostat even though he was told to.This guy also wanted to give me the truck with out the little SOB hose fixed.He went"I thought you wanted the water pump and t-belt replace only" He didnt see it(or says he didnt) but I'm not going to hold that agaisnt him.I just went to the wrong guy and he's done it before.Finesed a job half-assed.My buddy took he Grand Pre there for the same thing and its undriveable know because of a huge coolant leak.

But what's done is done so no more b^&**ing out of me.

But can you seal it with sillicon.I know you can do valve covers but doesnt anti freeze get hoter then the oil.I allways beleaved this.

You still have a throttle body with multi port injection :stickwack: .

Sounds like the thermostat housing, and it is perfectly fine (actually better) to use RTV to seal it.

Edit to add: They make RTV hot enough to seal exhaust systems, my 93's exhaust has no gaskets.

Edited by GrimGreg

You still have a throttle body with multi port injection :stickwack: .

Sounds like the thermostat housing, and it is perfectly fine (actually better) to use RTV to seal it.

Edit to add: They make RTV hot enough to seal exhaust systems, my 93's exhaust has no gaskets.

This is dumb then.I always thought a TBI was a Carb that was controled Electrnicly.I didnt know that true fuel injected (TPI engines)engines had TBI.I knew they had mass-air flow sensors but I thought the fuel was injected from injectors(I know it is)or a fuel rail...or on carbed and tbi unit jets.Also I dont know what I was thinking about the sillicon since I new they made High temp types.I didnt know if he put water proof sillicon on(diffrent colars,blue,red white clear black)

This is dumb then.I always thought a TBI was a Carb that was controled Electrnicly.I didnt know that true fuel injected (TPI engines)engines had TBI.I knew they had mass-air flow sensors but I thought the fuel was injected from injectors(I know it is)or a fuel rail...or on carbed and tbi unit jets.Also I dont know what I was thinking about the sillicon since I new they made High temp types.I didnt know if he put water proof sillicon on(diffrent colars,blue,red white clear black)

TBI just has the injector in the TB, but MPFI have a TB at the opening to the intake manifold, after the MAF.

I heard you can put an egg in your radiator and it will seal it.... dont know if thats true or not...

I say get a new radiator or whatever leaks...

Mythbusters did it! And it worked!

Along with Coke for coolant!

And mothballs for higher octane fuel!