DAD BOUGHT A INFINITY FX50

01silvapathy

I've never understood the craze with putting big engines in station wagons and SUVs. It doesn't matter if they have 100 horsepower or 500, they'll still accelerate like they're driving a Geo Metro in limp mode and cruise the freeway at 45. They might as well just spend some time :wackinit:; same result but much cheaper.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I know better than to argue with GG, but my friend, I know you are not interested in newer technology. But you cannot say that its worthless. IF you dont like the styling, thats ok, everyone has thier own tastes. As far as the rest of it, its a great vehicle. Many new safety improvements, emissions improvements and improvments for the driver. Its a very interesting vehicle that is a step above what else is out there.

I have nothing against newer technology, as long as it is truely usefull, and not useless garbage. Talk it up all you like, it's a POS waste of materials.

It is no different than a Focus wagon in my eyes.

I have to wonder, why do they call it an SUV?? At best it looks to be a 'cross over' style... 7" clearance isn't much. :shrug:

Base curb weight of 4600 lbs. :blink:

Yes, the 7 speed is for fuel economy

Hmm, 14/20mpg estimated fuel economy? I'd say they had better add a few more gears...

also, 7 is bigger than 5 or 6.

*snort*

To each their own, but I can think of better things to spend $60k on... :shrug:

B

I have to wonder, why do they call it an SUV?? At best it looks to be a 'cross over' style... 7" clearance isn't much. :shrug:

Base curb weight of 4600 lbs. :blink:

Hmm, 14/20mpg estimated fuel economy? I'd say they had better add a few more gears...

B

Maybe call it an SMV? Soccer Mom Vehicle?? hehe :laugh:

LOL, maybe, but SUV doesn't fit...

This part kind of concerns me...

Optional is Intelligent Brake Assist for warning of a frontal collision and capable of automatic braking, Distance Control Assist (DCA) for keeping pre-set distances from the vehicle ahead in heavy traffic and a Lane Departure Warning/Lane Departure Prevention system, which helps keep the FX in its lane.

I kind of thought this is what the driver was for? People are bad enough without having technology to assist them in paying even less attention, much less relying on sensor systems for emergency braking or follow distance!! :doh:

B

I've never understood the craze with putting big engines in station wagons and SUVs. It doesn't matter if they have 100 horsepower or 500, they'll still accelerate like they're driving a Geo Metro in limp mode and cruise the freeway at 45. They might as well just spend some time :wackinit:; same result but much cheaper.

No. Just no. Drive an ML55 (~350hp) and tell me it feels like a metro. The new ML63 is scary fast. I agree with the fact that it is pointless to put more power in unless it is for towing or something else useful, but they are extremely fast. I understand you probably think that because of the VG33, and it is slow on the highway (it was just fine around town though), but even 01 with the VQ35 is a pretty quick SUV, and thats only 250hp.

No. Just no. Drive an ML55 (~350hp) and tell me it feels like a metro. The new ML63 is scary fast. I agree with the fact that it is pointless to put more power in unless it is for towing or something else useful, but they are extremely fast. I understand you probably think that because of the VG33, and it is slow on the highway (it was just fine around town though), but even 01 with the VQ35 is a pretty quick SUV, and thats only 250hp.

I'm sure you're right. However, my point was not about what the vehicles could do, but rather what the drivers of those vehicles would do.

I don't get it... if it's pushing that much horsepower... HOW can it be slow?

My 1990 Pathy, if I kick her down and push her hard, will do 0-60 in a respectable time frame... I mean, 7-8 seconds from a standing start ain't bad for a 19 year old SUV. Granted, that's pushing deep into redline to do it, but in a pinch (eg, when a Tractor Trailer decides he wants to get up close and personal with your bumper as you try to merge with the highway on a 100 foot on ramp) it works.

I'd wager if the truck had a proper engine rebuild + port-n-polish... hell, maybe even just up the displacement to the 3.3... it'd prolly pull the 0-60 a second or two faster.

Again, most of this is probably due to the fact that A) zero wheel spin and B) you're pushing the truck to (if not beyond) it's limits... but I'd hardly call that sluggish. 0o; Plenty more than enough to beat the civic-ricers around here :D

I kind of thought this is what the driver was for? People are bad enough without having technology to assist them in paying even less attention, much less relying on sensor systems for emergency braking or follow distance!! :doh:

B

Options like that are good for me, people trust it and it decides not to work once....I get to make a couple bucks on dragging whats left of it off the side of the road.

The DCA is pretty neat. We got to test this in school when I went down to Cali. It will actually bring you to a complete stop, insane. I can see many things taking over for the driver, that some people may not like. The best part is that it can all by bypassed or shut off if you dont like it. How many times have you seen the lady putting her makeup on in the lane next to you? Or the guy eating a cheeseburger and talking on his cell phone doing 70mph? Unfortunatly, too many other people dont know how to drive thier own vehicles. These new systems help keep thed driver safe as well as the rest of us safe cause he is an idiot.

I just don't see the point in gloating about taking out your parent's new vehicle just to call out "ricers" and try to race them. That's what 16-year old punks with fresh licenses do...

I really dont like you.....THIS IS CALLING SOMEONE OUT

Practice what you preach buddy

A turbo Cayenne is almost twice the price though!

Anyway, if he wants to take his parents ride out and beat up on some posers, and thats who we are talking about here, who cares?

Finally someone who understands, the Infinity is a decent priced SUV thats powerful,sexy,sleek,filled with technology and safety. Al the same things that a more expensive Porsche has. And thats exactly what im going to do when I get to drive it :new576:

I'm sure you're right. However, my point was not about what the vehicles could do, but rather what the drivers of those vehicles would do.

Agreed with that, they buy them than bitch about crappy mileage and crawl around...I know this for a fact since I still browse Benzworld from when I had my ML320...

Agreed with that, they buy them than bitch about crappy mileage and crawl around...I know this for a fact since I still browse Benzworld from when I had my ML320...

Haha you're so right! Not me though, I use my car to it's full potential and NEVER complain about the 12mpg I'm getting LOL! :D