Stupid ricers

Kingman

Some stupid ricer car THING hit my truck today in the school parking lot, the driver's side front wheel to be more precise. I was on the other side of my buddy's truck (2 spaces down), and heard the commotion and chirping of tires that, gee sounded JUST like my front tires.

Turned around to see some black POS ricer speed away from my truck and out of the parking lot, and from the angle I couldn't make out his license plate number. Never even seen that car before.

I walked over to where my truck was, now pushed a good foot to the side and could clearly see the marks from his bumper on my tire, and instantly saw oil start dripping out onto the ground. Coming from whatever it is that connects the CV axles together from the transfer case.

Leaving my girlfriend's house a while ago, another probably double the size puddle was under it, fluid everywhere. No 4hi or 4lo from what I can tell by trying to engage it.

Bad timing because of the snow.

And now, when turning to the left after tracking straight for some time, or maybe a little bit to the right too, there's an audible "pop" or "snap" from something, and a little minute noise when turning the wheel the other way. This isn't full turning either, just a little bit of steering to the left makes the noise as soon as I turn the wheel.

STUPID MOTHER &^%*ing PIECE OF @!*% RICERS!!!!

I really hope all that was damaged was the seal, and that I can replace that and fill it back up. And that it not engaging is because of lack of fluid.

01-28-09_1612.jpg

Within a half hour of being hit

01-28-09_1611.jpg

SafeRedirect.jpg

EDIT: Another thing, my driver's side wheel sticks out further from the fender than the passenger side. By about an inch. Hopefully that's unrelated and I'm just now noticing it...

Edited by kingman92010

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

use brake cleaner and find out where the leak is comming from and as for the tire depending how hard he hit you could be serious can we get some pics of your front syspension and did u report it to the police?

Brake cleaner eh? Alright. It seems like the whole thing is leaking, from the top and the bottom. What part of my front suspension? And no, I didn't report it to the police. There's so many ricers out around this town it would probably be pointless. I only have liability insurance, so that's a no-go as well.

think u might need a new tcase and ur cv axle might be broken if its poping when u hit bumps wile turning

It doesn't make noise over bumps at all, just with a little bit of turning on flat surfaces or whatever. I'm maybe thinking the ball joints or tie rod ends with the center link? :shrug:

your cv axles and centerlink for the pictures

you might need a tcase, brake cleaner withh get rid of the oil so you can see where it is leaking, if you need a t case i have one here you can have

Isn't the t-case bolted to the back of the transmission?

your cv axles and centerlink for the pictures

you might need a tcase, brake cleaner withh get rid of the oil so you can see where it is leaking, if you need a t case i have one here you can have

i highly doubt his transfer case broke, most likely his differential housing or the cover.

have u been driving it?

Of course. This happened at school today. I can still drive it in 2wd.

Just if snow and ice comes again, I'm a wee little bit screwed...

Edited by kingman92010

i highly doubt his transfer case broke, most likely his differential housing or the cover.

Differential housing? What part of the differential is this? Where the CV axles meet?

I was going to go with power steering leaking...i highly doubt an impact to the tire would break the FA...the weakest link should be the CV and that should break before the differential housing and I think an UCA/LCA would bend before that or a BJ break...

Just if snow and ice comes again, I'm a wee little bit screwed...

mannn you 2wd that thing up to like 3-4" of snow on the roads unless your in the mountains and then that may get a lil more interesting...

what does the fluid smell like...is it gear oil?

Edited by unccpathfinder

I was going to go with power steering leaking...i highly doubt an impact to the tire would break the FA...the weakest link should be the CV and that should break before the differential housing and I think an UCA/LCA would bend before that or a BJ break...

mannn you 2wd that thing up to like 3-4" of snow on the roads unless your in the mountains and then that may get a lil more interesting...

what does the fluid smell like...is it gear oil?

My rear tires are almost completely bald, i already tried driving it in 2wd the other day when it snowed here, pretty much couldnt go anywhere. If it was dry, DRY and cold snow I would have no problem. But we dont have the luxury of that here. It's all wet and soupy and slick as snot.

It's gear oil, nice and thick and smelly like it too. The power steering fluid is on the other side anyways. Nope, two totally different fluids.

I do have a slight power steering leak though, had it since I've bought it. It's around all the hoses to the power steering fluid pump. Never had the incentive to track it down and fix it though...

I'm hoping it just tweaked the seal and now its leaking. I also doubt anything could be broken by something like that, but stranger things have happened...

well if he hit it hard enough to move the CV then i'd be willing to bet you hvae bent UCA's and LCA's b/c the CV is pretty much fixed/retained by the hub which is attached to the spindle (which attaches to the UCA's and LCA"s) so if he hit the tire I odn't think it would move the CV's unless it moved other suspension components...i hope you filed a police report and have uninsured motorist coverage...

another quick solution is to rotate the tires and weigh down the back...

if not just a seal I'll have 2 differentials available soon...shipping would be crazy but we could probably work out something...

hmm just a random thought...the front diff has a pretty cheap vent cap...mine falls out from time to time...check the vent i think its on the front right side of the diff...make sure its tight in the housing and not leaking from there...if it is then i suggest put it in 4wd and have someone drive it forward slowly to see if the CVs are turning...if they are then the hub probably on the side that is turning is not engaging

Edited by unccpathfinder

well if he hit it hard enough to move the CV then i'd be willing to bet you hvae bent UCA's and LCA's b/c the CV is pretty much fixed/retained by the hub which is attached to the spindle (which attaches to the UCA's and LCA"s) so if he hit the tire I odn't think it would move the CV's unless it moved other suspension components...i hope you filed a police report and have uninsured motorist coverage...

another quick solution is to rotate the tires and weigh down the back...

if not just a seal I'll have 2 differentials available soon...shipping would be crazy but we could probably work out something...

hmm just a random thought...the front diff has a pretty cheap vent cap...mine falls out from time to time...check the vent i think its on the front right side of the diff...make sure its tight in the housing and not leaking from there...if it is then i suggest put it in 4wd and have someone drive it forward slowly to see if the CVs are turning...if they are then the hub probably on the side that is turning is not engaging

That makes sense, I'll have to look. Maybe just the force and a little nudge is all that broke the seal if it is the seal? I imagine by now the front suspension has been banged sideways, pushed backwards, forwards and every which way. Something's gotta give...guess this is it.

Lol I rotated the new tires from the rear to the front for better stopping and traction for steering about 2 weeks ago...

I'll check that tomorrow!

Tomorrow I'm going to talk with security about it, and see if they will review the security camera tapes and see if we can get a plate number. I just hope the camera sees the outermost part of the parking lot where I park...

Tomorrow I'm going to talk with security about it, and see if they will review the security camera tapes and see if we can get a plate number. I just hope the camera sees the outermost part of the parking lot where I park...

eh most security tapes run on like 12 hr loops...you should have went and got them then and filed a police report then for a hit and run...now that you have left the scene and its a day later I doubt they'll do anything for you...someone stole the vents off of my truck at my work parking lot and i didnt notice until i got home and they got some guys walking through the parking lot but i was out of reach to see if they were the ones that took the vents...but they snatched crap off of 2 other nissans as well...all in the back 40 where i parked

Side humor:

Edited by unccpathfinder

yeah that same @!*% happens at my old high when i went there my z got keyed alot.....idk why ppl have to target nice cars. Also my old pathy had been backed into at aschool as well. It sucks they put a huge dent in the bumper. I was able to take it off and use a huge hammer and pound it strait. Still sucked. I cought who was keying my car and who hit my pathy. both were peices of @!*% that wont amont to anything. and also both drove a cavalier and a old buick....The peoplem ay my school dont seem to be into cars that much so me and a few buddies had the better cars at school nd were constantly targeted. idk why they feel the need to wreck stuff ppl work hard for. Needless to say i quit drinving the z to school.

Hopefully you see the ricer and beat his ass. And hopefully the pathy can be fixed easy! good luck man

Edited by edicer2

I wont ever forget the girl when I was in HS was pulling into her spot and stood on the gas instead of the brake and NAILED the car in front of her...

I've only had my truck backed into once and that was when my parents were getting ready to separate for the last time and my dad forgot that i parked behind him and instead of turning to miss me he pushed the pahty back 5' luckly he didnt bust the radiator but the evap got bent pretty good and i had to replace the corners, 1 headlight, bumper, and grill...the radiator support is still bent (i straightened what i could) and the valence never bolted back up straight...his sorry ass didnt even come to tell me..mom came and got me up at 6 am and i went out unbolted everything that was busted and duct taped the turn signals on and drove her to school that morning...I then worked the next couple of weekends at the JY to buy all the parts...my dad still owes me about $150 from that deal but i wont ever see that (its been 9 years)

lucky for me i had one of the "POS" cars in HS since I went to a rich/snobby school and everyone has new trucks/cars after 2 years they figured out i knew how to work on cars and half ass what i was talking about and started trying to get me to help them work on their crap to which i pleasantly declined and told htem to get daddy to pay for it since he's already paid for everything else :tongue::D

sorry about the thread jack...

Look forward to hearing whats causing the leak and hope its an easy fix

Yeah, kids these days ...

Security camera doesnt cover that park of the parking lot.

Hopefully you see the ricer and beat his ass. And hopefully the pathy can be fixed easy! good luck man

Thanks, I hope it's an easy fix too.

My buddy with his lifted K5 blazer said he'll run the guy's car over if he sees him :tongue:

uncc, that's a pretty aweful situation. Sucks when it's your own parent that burns you.

I'll have to watch that video today when I get home, school computers don't allow that kind of stuff :thumbsdown:

I wonder if my CV axle is ripping its self apart, I'm hearing more popping and snapping noises more frequently...

Maybe it's time for a straight axle!

Edited by kingman92010

Well the differential is still good, 4x4 is still working. Not going to use it though.

On the topic of high school stuff...My friend's Anna and Jasmine had a little fun skipping class to do this...

I HATE PRIUS!!!!

1-2.jpg

LMAO! Inside joke

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

I HATE OBAMA!

4-1.jpg

867 5309 hahaha, anyone remember that song?

5-1.jpg