Hi Lift mounting options

beastpath

That's the most common place, but you have to fab a bracket. I've seen them in a roof basket (dumb for several reasons) or just tossed in the back... :shrug:

I believe packie88 did a nice reweld of his tire carrier to fit items. Look in the pictures/video section...

B

For the long ones, they tend to not work going across the carrier, too wide. You can mount it upright, but it will grab every low branch. Best location is on the side of a roof top basket if you have one, or on the rack if you have one.

Although I have not mounted the basket yet, I have a bracket already made that allows it to bold the the side of my roof basket :aok:

That's an old pic! I wonder where that hi-lift bracket went...

Where do you mount it now Mookie?

Although I have not mounted the basket yet, I have a bracket already made that allows it to bold the the side of my roof basket :aok:

Where do you mount it now Mookie?

I don't carry one with me anymore. To use one to lift the Pathy, I have to strap or chain the diffs to the frame, then have a long bar to get it high enough to lift a wheel. Works ok on level ground, but the times I would use it, never, ever on level ground. To much work for this old guy. I just use blocks of wood and my stock axle jack.