@#$%&! dome light!

Kingman

It won't turn off unless I manually switch it to OFF, if I leave it on DOOR, it will stay on all night and drain my battery. Same with the rear cargo light. All my door switches move fine, I cleaned them up and it didn't make a difference. Is there some kind of relay, timer, anything that I can clean or replace to make my dome lights work? It's kind of a pain not having any light...

Yes, that is probably it. Regardless, one of the door sensors is probably stuck/broken. Does your dash indicate door ajar?

On second thought, isn't the switch 3 position? Always off, on when a door opens and lastly always on? Are you sure you and not just manually setting to always on?

Personally, I leave mine off. I can turn them on if I want them...

B

If both the front and back dome lights come on then the problem is in the rear hatch switch, it's a fairly common and known problem in older trucks ;)

Need to adjust it a little, if that does not work then some people have used small washers to reposition it enough so that the switch is tripped when the door is closed.

Search around the forums for it, there is a thread here somewhere that explains and/or shows what needs to be done :aok:

I've already tried everything the search turned up, washers, etc. The switch in the dome light is perfectly fine, so are the door jam switches, as I said.

I don't know if the dome lights for the cargo area and front doors are separate, because they're always stuck on or manually turned off.

So, are they separate or joined together?

This is just something I'm just getting around to looking into, it's been like this since I bought it.

Wait, my truck has a door ajar light?

Edited by kingman92010

If both the front and back dome lights come on then the problem is in the rear hatch switch, it's a fairly common and known problem in older trucks ;)

^

Yes they are linked together by the switch in the rear door. The front doors only operate the front light, while the rear door does both.

:search::D

http://npora.ipbhost.com//index.php?showto...ar++Dome++light

hmm werid all of my door sensors work great the dome light comes on when it should and turns off when it should but i dont get any light on the dash lighting up saying a door is open. Only way i can tell a door is open is by seeingit open or by the dome light on. Whats the deal with that?

hmm werid all of my door sensors work great the dome light comes on when it should and turns off when it should but i dont get any light on the dash lighting up saying a door is open. Only way i can tell a door is open is by seeingit open or by the dome light on. Whats the deal with that?

I don't have anywhere on my dash that would indicate a door ajar. I'm wondering if only the later models had the door ajar light.

I think only 94 and 95's, with the newer dash, have this feature. (The door light)

Huh, I never knew that!! Thats a pretty simple feature to wait until 94 to install!! Meh, you learn something every day.

B

Fixed it, stuck a few construction staples sideways between the switch in the rear hatch mechanism and the switch's seat, so now it's always stuck closed so the dome light stays off in the rear. If i want it on, i can turn it on.

Now my door light up front works fine.

Thanks for the tips, would never have figured it out without you guys!

I'll take a pic of it tomorrow

My fix was to just pull the plug on the hatch sensor. Same end, different means.

Eh, I woulda, but my little idea came to me when I actually looked at the latch. Didn't really feel like taking the latch out at the moment, I actually did this when I was putting my clothes in the back of my truck.

Found the staple clump on the ground too, better off serving my dome light than in my tire :itsallgood:

• 10 months later...

Hahaha I totally forgot about this thread. My new Pathfinder does it too. I disconnected the switch in the hatch and the light is still on, and flickers off if I take a sharp right hand turn. Pretty amusing.

Hahaha I totally forgot about this thread. My new Pathfinder does it too. I disconnected the switch in the hatch and the light is still on, and flickers off if I take a sharp right hand turn. Pretty amusing.

That could be your actual door pin.