Just bought my first condo!

FUELER

I am pretty stoked. I've wasted a lot of money over the years on rent, and I live around crackheads, I live under the flightpath meaning every 2 minutes I have a jumbo jet flying just a few hundred feet over my rented apartment (that is no exaggeration - its pretty crazy)

A few things I will miss

- the view of downtown and the San Diego harbor

- the ability to play music as loud as i want, any time i want

-close proximity to beach, freeway, and clubs

-all my friends at the liquor store who have gotten to know me, and they know to grab the Jack Daniels before I even ask for it

A few things i WON't miss

-crackheads sleeping on my door step

-crackheads asking me for money every day

-noisy ass neighbors, the neighbor i share a wall with loves to beat his wife and the neighbor under me is a "hip-hop" radio DJ / drug dealer / drug user so he blasts all sorts of garbage, and stays coked out so this goes on til at least 6 AM

-crappy parking, i always get parking tickets in front of my house and ive had two friends come visit me, only to get their nice Hondas stolen with the quickness

-the joys of living in a 100 year old building, (victorian mansion converted into apartments) like the time some pipe broke and we had about 3 feet of standing toilet water in the basement. For a week, everyone was wondering why the building smelled like raw effluent, it was me who took initiative to actually check out the basement. There was enough diahrrea to ride a kayak on, but I didn't do that.

view from my old crappy rental

P1130231.jpg

P1130235.jpg

NOW THE NEW PAD!!! I picked it up for the ripe price of $180,000 (it sold in 2005 for $320,000 thank you recession) 2 bedroom 1.5 bath 740 square feet. Built in 1978

I will finally have a dedicated, covered parking spot. No more parking three blocks away!!

Pool area, tennis courts, etc.

** updated pictures coming soon **

I will now be 15 mins away from the beach (whereas before i was 5 minutes away) but the tradeoff is worth it... no more crackheads!!!

Edited by FUELER

Thanks guys! im really excited.

Precise, its not paid for by any means, I did a 30 year fixed mortgage, but the way the economy is looking, this should be a definite money maker!

Nope Bud, never thought you paid it outright... 30 year fixed is the way to go, and if you are smart enough to hold on to it when you move on in the future, it will do you nicely in the years to come. Good move and play it straight.... :beer:

I'm saving as much as possible to try to buy a house, get past the 20% PMI BS, lower the payments and still have some $ in the bank for when the sheit hits the fan (it always does in my life). Not wanting a McMansion, just a decent place to live. It'll happen in a few years I think. DEATH TO THE ECONOMY!!! I'd like to see another 20% drop in the housing market, that would put it closer to reality...

B

Cool man, where abouts are you now, further east, or further north? Yeah, people complain about the economy tanking, hell for people like you and me it appears to be doing well. I think that it is more of a correction than a recession. The worth of things got over inflated and the bubble finally burst.

I hear you with the apartment life. I left an almost paid off 4br home on 2 acres with a 24x40' shop. I had it almost made. The wife wanted to be closer to her mother, and it nearly caused a divorce. I sold it and moved to Oregon. What a mistake! From a small town I grew up in to a polluted,no one minding their own business city. My wife finally admitted we made a mistake. Too little too late. We are currently looking for a place to buy, I just need a better job. At least a condo is a good investment and will allow you to make a profit in the future to go bigger! Congrats!

Nice new pad man...did you luck out and get a second floor unit?

Congrats!

Sure did!! I waited for it too... last thing i want is to hear footsteps 24/7

Cool man, where abouts are you now, further east, or further north? Yeah, people complain about the economy tanking, hell for people like you and me it appears to be doing well. I think that it is more of a correction than a recession. The worth of things got over inflated and the bubble finally burst.

From downtown SD, i am now 10 minutes north east... by mission trails, a 5800 acre regional park!!! ill be doing a lot more mtn biking

I had it almost made. The wife wanted to be closer to her mother, and it nearly caused a divorce. I sold it and moved to Oregon. What a mistake! From a small town I grew up in to a polluted,no one minding their own business city.

ah dont worry man, the worst thing you can do is dwell on it... happens to a lot of people... my pops slipped up a few times in real estate, and i know not to remind him of any of it cause just thinking about it dampens his mood... i cant stand watching that, he just isn't capable of letting go of the past....

just think about all the people dealing with debt and foreclosures right now....

ah so u remember SD! I was born and raised in Clairemont but personally, I can't afford anything decent there

The condo i got is in a neighborhood called "San Carlos"

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=sa...&iwloc=addr

I think that is close to the first neighborhood I lived in out there. We were in Naval housing for our first year out there (my first year of life).

Gratz on the great buy man.

I just got out of the condo market in vancouver bc. made one hell of a profit on my sale. I think i got out just in time, cause the market is falling now; I HAD to escape the city. it was driving me mad!

Im now looking for a place in the okanagan(BC interior) which is still pretty expensive now.

Im not really sure what to do for work, or where to buy right now. Cant figure out how ppl buy in a place like kelowna; very high mortgages with very poor wages. I made more 10 years ago in the same town, than the offers i've had lately.

Still waitin for the market to fall more, and keepin my eye open for a good deal.

at $180K you got a good deal. Wish i could buy here for that. I could buy a 377 sqft condo for that, but who wants to live in a cage?

best of luck to you Fueller.

peace

al