How much better is your Pathfinder

trtturbo

I am slowly getting my '89 prepared for some off road fun. It sure seems like a great platform for what I want.

Anyone want to share any stories of what your Pathy could go through where other 4x4's couldnt?

Hmm, what I did that my friends couldn't.....lets see, uhh gone the longest without repairs?

Or drive through my friends 4 wheeler trails where the 4 wheeler couldn't even get through. And I made it with a stock pathy.

Oh and, go through the forestry center without getting a hole or even a scratch on my oil pan :lol:

IMG_080.jpg

IMG_081.jpg

Pictures never do justice... but I kept up to Mookie's SAS'ed pathy in my lowrider up this climb last year. An Xterra in the group with lift & bigger tires had issues and had to back down. The next day a bunch of Jeepers in done up rigs were pissed off to hear some chick in an R50 on 31's made it up.

Here's Simon's Old Red up the hill @ an earlier run:

BobC_IMG_031.jpg

• Like 1

I kinda think that taking your time when you need to is a key thing. I know a lot of people with trucks that have better tires, lifts and all sorts of upgrades that have problems on trails that I can do in my stock R50. The truck is only as good as the driver...

I can out ride most of my freinds trucks...From Jeeps to 3/4 ton trucks all done up... My Path just has 31's and some lights and a few Performance upgrades.... One of the best stock offroad rigs.

My upgrades to my Pathy were figured out on a couple of trail rides with my borther and a few friends. I wanted to build it to go where they couldnt. For the most part, I succeded. Plus, its nice to have something out on the trail that is different. Oh yeah, I have proof...

All I gotta say is don't get cocky I seen big lifted rigs get stuck on the way to the mountain cause they thought 4x4 and big tires would be their savior. I bet they feel stupid when the lilguys w/ their frnt wheel drive civcs and cable chains takin it slow and picking their lines closer to road center don't get suck.

theres an old cliche, a picture is worth a thousand words...after pulling him out I trudged through it no problems and took trail lead...he later sent me through a hole he was stuck in for 2 days...i slowly went through it and thought I had ripped everything out from under the truck since I bottomed out several times but still managed to keep enough momentum to crawl through it...he cused me up and down b/c he was running a 6" susp lift and 33's against my stock 31s

2050078_4_full.jpg

also notice that was the 1st hole on the trail... so the pathy is nice and white

after pose shot:

2050078_5_full.jpg

Edited by unccpathfinder

My upgrades to my Pathy were figured out on a couple of trail rides with my borther and a few friends. I wanted to build it to go where they couldnt. For the most part, I succeded. Plus, its nice to have something out on the trail that is different. Oh yeah, I have proof...

I got my proof :lol:

I love that people keep asking what lift I have :lol: ....NONE

In that vid it's just tyres and shocks :aok:

:wub: My Pathfinder

• Like 1

I did a couple hillclimbs with 5 people other than me in my Pathy with worn All terrains and in 2wd that my three buddies had to try several times to make, in 4wd..... annnd that's about it. There's probably more, but I can't think.

But then again... some depends on the driver.. Not bragging about how good I am or anything... just saying my friends are morons!

I did a couple hillclimbs with 5 people other than me in my Pathy with worn All terrains and in 2wd that my three buddies had to try several times to make, in 4wd..... annnd that's about it. There's probably more, but I can't think.

But then again... some depends on the driver.. Not bragging about how good I am or anything... just saying my friends are morons!

well that's nothing to brag about then!

lol, jk. always good to hear that a Pathy outdoes some other ORV.

yeah, some people just don't have common sense--whether it applies to driving or problem-solving or w/e. some ppl just don't get it :shrug:

Edited by StatutoryApe

• 5 years later...

I got my proof :lol:

I love that people keep asking what lift I have :lol: ....NONE

In that vid it's just tyres and shocks :aok:

:wub: My Pathfinder

Awesome video! What lights are you running on the roof? Those rectangle ones look bad to the bone.