Hello, Got a 94 Pathfinder XE A/T transmission.

777WD21

Hello everyone, I just bought my first 1994 Nissan Pathfinder XE and I'm looking to do a 3" or 4" lift on it. I'm not sure witch is better a body lift or a suspension lift so can you guys give me a quite hit on what I need to do this job right.

Thanks,

if money is no object, susp lift is best (sas is even better lol)......... keeps your CoG low and gives the flex and clearance off road.. BL will primarily help with stuffing larger rubber under the truck

i see it's an A/T. trans cooler #1...... then mods ;)

welcome to the family! WAVEY

Edited by Slick

Thanks for welcoming me in. I look all over the net and couldn't find a single lift kit for my 94 Pathfinder???? :puterpunch: Do I have to buy the parts peice by peice and what parts will fit in my ride? :shrug: I'm looking to put on some 31" x 10.5 " wheels on and look for the best lift for the clearence. If I just do a 3" suspension lift only can I get the wheel on with good clearence? Thanks again for all your help.

Thanks,

:)

if money is no object, susp lift is best (sas is even better lol)......... keeps your CoG low and gives the flex and clearance off road.. BL will primarily help with stuffing larger rubber under the truck

i see it's an A/T. trans cooler #1...... then mods ;)

welcome to the family! WAVEY

Um...no Slick. Suspension lift RAISES the CoG. You're lifting everything up, engine, trans, frame included. A body lift will keep the CoG lower.

Anyways, welcome to the club 777WD21! :beer:

Um...no Slick. Suspension lift RAISES the CoG. You're lifting everything up, engine, trans, frame included. A body lift will keep the CoG lower.

Anyways, welcome to the club 777WD21! :beer:

:tonguefinger: thass a whatta meant......... i'm irish, don't expect me to write it correctly when intoxicated :laugh:

I went to 4x4parts.com and found a body lift and suspension lift for my 94 wd21 xe for a reasonable price at just under $1000. Is a good price and will it take a rocket scientist to do these modifications? I've seen threads on how to do this, but I want to know how hard is it to do it first before trying myself. Plus if anyone know how much the shops will charge if I took it there (just a general estimation)?

Thanks,

:tonguefinger:

• 4 years later...

I'm sorry, really I am, don't mean to be a downer but aren't you rushing it a bit? You just got your first Pathfinder, a 94, probably haven't had it a month yet and you're already trying to figure how to lift it. Why not take some time to get to know your truck, become friends with it, learn its idiosyncrasies and most of all, learn what made the WD21 a fantastic vehicle bone stock right off the show room floor. Did you know that 95 was the last year that our trucks had a frame on chassis design? There is a whole generation that follows ours that had a unibody construction and OUR generation is the one that gets the most respect and accolades for being one of the better built 4x4 trucks. Did you know our trucks used a 5 link rear suspension setup?

Why don't you take your truck offroad a little bit first and see what it can do in its natural form. Once you have hung around here for a little while and browse through the posts, you'll gradually begin to pick things up here and there and things will just start to fall into place. We're lucky, I've learned, our trucks are actually the easiest and cheapest to lift.

I've had my 94 SE since 10/11, bone stock, lego rims and little 235/75/15 highway tread Kumho Solus 21 tires that I've been itching to upgrade to a real offroad all terrain tire but I am positively in love with my truck, my son and I have already had many offroad adventures in it even with the gimpy little tires, it's great!

It's like a nice red wine, say a Cabernet, you don't just gulp it down, take time to enjoy the aroma, the color and the bouquet of flavors as you roll it around your tongue..

Savor your truck. It's uniquely special and in a class of it's own. Sorry for the lecture, welcome here.

Greg

• Like 2

I wouldn't say 4 years old is rushing things... :tongue:

You are absolutely right though, these are great trucks bone stock. I will say the #1 upgrade is a good set of tires, 31" preferred IMO.

B

oh my god I feel so stupid, I had no idea :( I kept wondering why I wasn't seeing this thread anywhere. I just happened to see it down at the bottom of a the page one day and commented, never even thought to look at the date!

-- Major Payne -- "Why do I feel like a jackass??"

DOH!

I wouldn't say 4 years old is rushing things... :tongue:

You are absolutely right though, these are great trucks bone stock. I will say the #1 upgrade is a good set of tires, 31" preferred IMO.

B

No problem we had a good laugh.

Ph.

oh my god I feel so stupid, I had no idea :( I kept wondering why I wasn't seeing this thread anywhere. I just happened to see it down at the bottom of a the page one day and commented, never even thought to look at the date!

-- Major Payne -- "Why do I feel like a jackass??"

DOH!

No worries... As if this is the first time it's happened? You just gave us an excuse to have fun... :D

B