What do You use the rear in-floor storage cubby for?

BowTied

What do You use the rear in-floor storage cubby for?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. rear in-floor storage cubby use?

• Nothing! Too small to be useful.
    • Fits my laptop just sweet.
    • Firearm(s)
    • Road-side emergency kit
    • tow-straps etc.
    • It's a secret! I'll never tell!
    • Other

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In that shallow storage bin, I used to store a 20' 2"x20,000lb. tow strap, winch controller, ARB snatch block, 6 feet of chain, D-ring shackles, and a hand-winch in there. I now carry the tow strap and jumper cables there. Except for the hand-winch (which stays in my garage) and the winch controller, I have moved all of the other recovery gear to the rear seat where the bottle jack was stowed.

I can fit my tow strap, d-rings, Tow hitch, trailer connector, jumper cables, and a crap load of tie downs and bungee's. I actually found it quite useful for the stuff you don't need everyday but will definitely need at some point.

Bigmatt

Just curious if people use it or not and if so, what for?

I place my 4-way lug wrench and a tow strap inside the itsy bitsy box. Might be good for a few joints that are hermetically sealed.

Re; the tits on a boar comment, I figure that if the boar likes them who are we to judge.

right now all i have is jumper cables and gloves, but i will have a tow strap in there soon with some other random things.

Just a side note, what do some of you have 4-ways in there for? Theres a perfectly good lug wrench under the rear seat.

I think you need an "Other" option.

Yeah, sorry. I don't see a way to edit the poll or I would add it in?

I never though of audio equipment, good one.

Good replies so far!

I could also have asked what people put in the upper/lower rear passenger side storage thingy too I guess, lol.

Edited by BowTied

ok, so I suck....I mounted a 1 Farad Monitor Top Capacitor in there!

If you take the plastic cubby out, and spray plasticoat or some other bed liner in there than you can greatly increase the size/usefulness since it will then be open down to the back of the wheel arch!

Good point. Ive been considering some steelies but i think 31x10.50 will fit on the SE rims after i lift it 2 inches and with a little heat gun work

31x10.50's will fit on the SE wheels without a lift.

Snowsurf, they are talking about the extremely small (flat but wide) storage compartment under the rear carpet - not the one on the side

You can only fit the very small booze bottles in there (ive tried)

I keep my recovery rope and 4way lug wrench in there

Edited by FUELER

I actually find it very usefull. I voted for tow strap, but currently I have the following items in there: jumper cables, winch control, d-ring shackles (3), snatch block, leather gloves, tree saver and tow strap. Its kind of tight, but they fit.