Doug Thorley Headers Group Deal

Why in the world are we talking about Pacesetter, over and over again. Does the thread title say Pacesetter?

Count me in on the group deal. I don't care if it's ceramic coated or not, but I would like to see a better price. $350-ish isn't saving much over Summit's price of $360-ish.

Also, I have a 2wd 5-speed, no lift. I've read the headers fit, but Thorley's site says no. What's the real story?

I talked with them about that and they said they DO fit 5 speed.

OK, for a non-coated header they will do $330.00!

Lets get a list of committed buyers.

Edited by VegasPathfinder

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will these headers help to keep my exhaust manifold studs from breaking? If someone gives me the "step-by-step" solution on how to bulletproof the studs (or add ss bolts) for these headers, then count me in on this chromed, or ceramic-coated, or SS (preffered) DT Header group purchase.

FWIW- I have read that the header tape forces so much heat and moisture to be in contact with the metal that it accelerates the corrosion rate to the point that the pipes disintegrate.

Edited by Derrik

OK, I'm in for $330 - Chrome.

mws, you make a good point. Definitely something to consider.

I got the quote from Jet Hot today. They want $165 a pair for standard 1300° Sterling coating. The process takes 5 days.

+$20 matte black, blue, grey or copper

+$50 for gloss black (only 1100°)

+$50 and 2 extra days for Extreme Sterling (up to 1700°)

They mention that the coating will NOT adhere to chrome. Stripping is +$50 and 2 extra days.

Return shipping is $27.

So the GT for the headers mentioned above, shipped both ways, with the most basic coating is around $269 and 10 days of down time depending on the postal carrier.

They do offer a 10% discount in their email, but that's really not much. I kinda doubt it's worth it.

Will these headers help to keep my exhaust manifold studs from breaking? If someone gives me the "step-by-step" solution on how to bulletproof the studs (or add ss bolts) for these headers, then count me in on this chromed, or ceramic-coated, or SS (preffered) DT Header group purchase.

Yes, they will. And if you use the 300ZX turbo studs, I think the chances of breakage go to near zero (assuming you don't overtorque them).

for reference, I paid $324.95 for my nickle plated set from Rocky Road Outfitters August 2005

Thank you. I have to convince them to remake them as they are no longer made as of last year. We are asking them to make us a special batch.

Committed buyers:

#1 MWS

#2 Statutory Ape

#3 Feloniousmonk

#4 Crazyhayseed

#5 Island Boy

#6 Ilovemypatty

#7 LandShark

#8 95shakinPF

Please copy this list and post if you want to add yourself.

Edited by VegasPathfinder

Anyone checked out EXPERIMENTAL ENGINEERINGS Headers? @VG30.C0M They are built for a Datsun 510 V-6 conversion but they fit the PATHY aswell, I am bolting a set up as we speak.......(206)407-6053???'s

They are top qaulity units, the guy who has them made is a perfectionist......and is crazy.........yes thats right Dave you are nuts.....

Anyone checked out EXPERIMENTAL ENGINEERINGS Headers? @VG30.C0M They are built for a Datsun 510 V-6 conversion but they fit the PATHY aswell, I am bolting a set up as we speak.......(206)407-6053???'s

They are top qaulity units, the guy who has them made is a perfectionist......and is crazy.........yes thats right Dave you are nuts.....

They look nice and all, but they go for $350 uncoated (bare steel) and won't bolt up to the factory exhaust.

They'd be great for someone planning to go full-custom on the rest of the exhaust system, but that carries a lot of extra expense.

I'm not trying to dog you, but I don't see these as a cost effective alternative to Thorley. Thanks for the heads up though.

They don't offer the correct "cross-over" pipe.

• 3 weeks later...