So im never going to buy bosch plugs

csutke

So after a friend yesterday change his plugs, cap and rotor, I have come to the desicsion that bosch plugs are crap and I will never buy them again.

So here the story. Got the cap and rotor done, easy. Then started on the plugs got 1,3,5 done could have been easier casue the last person who put the plugs in didnt use anti-seize. Then moved on to 2,4,6. started to work on number and 2 this happened,

100_1497.jpg

these plugs were bosch +4 but all that was left was the ceramic, the threads had become detached and were left in the cylinder.

Yeah....no anti seize.....not the plug's fault. I had the +4's in my old truck for over 100,000kms, and then in this truck for about 10,000, and I've had no issues. I'd say it's a combination of overtightening, and no anti-seize.

I've heard of a mechanics trick is to put iodine into where the plug is and let it sit and the iodine will penetrate and prevent stuff like that from happening. What I should've done when i changed the plugs on my grandmas car.

that happened to me the first time i switched the plugs on my truck. I had to use an easy-out to remove the piece of the plug. anti-sieze is good

• 2 weeks later...