37" TIRES?

kidrock

Has anyone ever tried to put a 36" or 37" tires on a Pathfinder? I've got 33" inch tires now w/ AC lift. I still have a 1" spacer to put on the front. I already have plenty of room now. I trim my front fender and can cut about 4" more. I've also cut the metal body work in the front fender well.

If I take the flairs off and the side rails and put the spacer in, would they fit?

Arent you the guy over on AC that has like 26" wheels? Are you going for a different look? Just curious. Post up some picks of your ride. I think Max Stryker put 37" tires on his but he has the 4.5" Subframe drop lift, AC 2" lift and probably some other things that give him lift.

Click t_reply.gif (not t_qr.gif), scroll below the message box, and click "Choose File" on the right. Select your pic to upload (jpg preferably), then click the green "upload" button. Wait for the file to upload, and note when "Manage current attachments" will become (1), then scroll down and click "Add Reply".

Edited by XPLORx4

Click t_reply.gif (not t_qr.gif), scroll below the message box, and click "Choose File" on the right. Select your pic to upload (jpg preferably), then click the green "upload" button. Wait for the file to upload, and note when "Manage current attachments" will become (1), then scroll down and click "Add Reply".

Says to many Obytes.

Finally figured it out! Here it is.

LOL, that's sick! I like it, not my thing, but it's definitely unique. I gotta wonder how well the truck would roll 36's or 37's. I only went to 31's and i noticed a difference in torque and maintaining highway speed. I'd hate to go that big. But hey, if you want it bad enough, don't let anyone stand in your way, rock out! :itsallgood:

Pete

Yea, they cut my MPG to about 11. But I guess its about the same w/ mudders. I only need 2" on each side of the front and back wheels. It looks like if I take the flairs off and trim the front fender some more they will fit. The only concern I have is the fender well behind the front wheels.

So what is your plan exactly? Are you wanting some 37"'s with those same rims? I did not even know they made such a tire. Or are you going to get smaller rims with the 37"s? The thing I wold be worried about is the IFS and when you turn you might rip off your fenders.

yeah turning and bumps may be a little tricky. if you do get them i would highly recommond getting manual hubs as it will help a great deal with the stress of the bigger tires.

Not big tires. Bigger wheels. 30" wheels with 315/30/30 tires which = 37".

Well without knowing specifics I guess it would work. Like what csutke said before your bumpers and fenders would need to be trimmed more and the inside of the fender well would probably also need some work. Geebus you going ot end up getting like 8 mpg. Do it up kid. Like I said it's not my style but it would still be cool to see. That's funny cause my rims are 15" so your would literally be twice as big.

Not big tires. Bigger wheels. 30" wheels with 315/30/30 tires which = 37".

the tires wil still be 37" (37.4x12.4 to be exact) so you will still have a lot more stress on the IFS components and the side wall will only be 3.7", thats gonna be one hell of a bumpy ride IMO

but more power to ya

Edited by csutke

the tires wil still be 37" (37.4x12.4 to be exact) so you will still have a lot more stress on the IFS components and the side wall will only be 3.7", thats gonna be one hell of a bumpy ride IMO

but more power to ya

it would be cool if he put on those 2 inch tires that are the bud terrain tires, those things look crazy...definitely take pics when you got it done kidrock, thats going to be very unique (as if what you have now isnt)

• 2 months later...

bawhahahahahahahahaha wish i had seen this earlier.

i was laughing just from reading the title, then i saw the pics of the stupid wheels & the gay tail lights :):)

Edited by sw