I'm gonna buy new tires/rims..advice on my selection please :)

NaturaTek

I'm gonna buy a new set of tires/rims. This is my deal, I have about maybe 800-900$ spending limit.

I'm thinking of bfg at, but I really want the bfg Mud terrain. Do I offroad a lot? none at the moment, but I would like to a few times when I can. I admit, I love the way mud terrain looks...so it's basically I would buy those for cosmetic looks.

Would I suffer in gas mileage driving mud terrain tires on highway to work and back?

I also looking at mickey thompson tires or those '**** cepak' tires. I love the rugged look.

Rims, I have to see what deals I can find online. If I have to go cheap, it most likely be those cragar black rims.

I like these http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT66922.aspx

but I kinda wish they were all black.

If you guys have any hot sites to order rims and tires from please tell, so far i know of jcwhitney, 4wheelparts and 4x4parts.com

update edit:

I ordered this

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=PCW97-5883

and

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=BFG60316

Edited by NaturaTek

you will loose some MPG with an MT also you will have a shorter tread life with them as well but thats a personal pref. You should also look at http://www.summitracing.com/ as they have good deals on wheels and tires, also look at http://www.tirerack.com/ for tires and then try a google search for the best deals on tires. When i was looking for tires i had a like 4-6 favorite site that i was price shopping at. Also look at local craigslist's and local 4x4 forums as they normally have good deals on tires and wheels

It is not always true that an MT will wear out faster than an AT. MTRs have a tread life of 40-50k when rotated and kept balanced properly.... pretty much the same as an AT.....

EDIT: oh and i think Vengeful got around 50k out of his Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers as well.....

Edited by sammyb33

Thanks sammy and csutke, tirerack looks good, I can read reviews of tires and summitracing I'll check in a bit at home.

This pathfinder is a gas loving fool, I might not get mud ones if its gonna add to my forty bucks every 2 to 3 days in gas ritual lol. I hate some of my local friends here, dang ppl telling me don't waste money in the pathfinder, but yet I see them pouring thousands into their hooptie early years hondas and still looks and sounds horrible.

One thing I learned, which applies to everything. NO ONE is gonna love your ride more than you. Not your mechanic, your family mechanic, etc. Hell no one is gonna love anything you own more than you, triple hell..no one is gonna love your body more than you, no doctor no therapist..you love you the most.

Edited by NaturaTek

One thing I learned, which applies to everything. NO ONE is gonna love your ride more than you. Not your mechanic, your family mechanic, etc. Hell no one is gonna love anything you own more than you, triple hell..no one is gonna love your body more than you, no doctor no therapist..you love you the most.

true dat my wife gets jealous when i start talking bout my pathy

• Like 1

Kumhos baby, less than $100/each if you look around. Mine have at least 25-30 on them and have maybe 70% left still. Throw em on some basic black steelies and you're set for $600. It's a very basic looking tire if you want it for looks though. MTs will get worse gas mileage, and actually don't handle as well on wet pavement as an AT, generally speaking. If you're not gonna wheel maybe a beefy AT would suit you better.

I really wanted MT's also when I was shopping for some new tires this round however the additional cost in the tires and gas in combination with factoring how often I actually need an MT led me to buy some BFG AT's. I do tons of driving on snow and ice and they've performed flawlessly so far.

Yeah, good luck with those POS. That is the worst tire brand around.

???

I meant 23-30K... Like I said, they have most -well over half- of the tread left and after looking at my records they are actually more like 40,000 miles old. That's when most mud tires start seeing 1/4 tread to bald. They are in fantastic shape and have been wheeled plenty and I've never lost any huge pieces. They have excellent traction in deep mud and snow, and they're stud ready. I bought them cause I was broke and they were cheap. They have now outlived a pair of BFG MTs that cost twice as much. Have you wheeled them or are you just spouting?

Thanks sammy and csutke, tirerack looks good, I can read reviews of tires and summitracing I'll check in a bit at home.

This pathfinder is a gas loving fool, I might not get mud ones if its gonna add to my forty bucks every 2 to 3 days in gas ritual lol. I hate some of my local friends here, dang ppl telling me don't waste money in the pathfinder, but yet I see them pouring thousands into their hooptie early years hondas and still looks and sounds horrible.

WORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

Are these procomp rockcrawler rims equivalent to the cragar soft 8?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT63883.aspx

full picture here: http://www.4wheelparts.com/aux_incl/images...&partNo=PCW

I want to take advantage of 4 bfg at 31 x 10.50 for 483$ with free ship. NO cragars on 4wheel parts.

I think the above looks like them and if i'm not mistaken they do come with those center caps.

Edited by NaturaTek

The backspacing might not be exactly the same (procomps might stick out another 1/4"), but if you're running 31's, it shouldn't matter. Most rock crawler wheels have 4" of backspacking. Those procomps have 3.75"

The backspacing might not be exactly the same (procomps might stick out another 1/4"), but if you're running 31's, it shouldn't matter. Most rock crawler wheels have 4" of backspacking. Those procomps have 3.75"

Those are 15x8, then they have the 15x10 with 4.5back spacing for a little more money. I'm not gonna even ask what backspacing is before yozsi flames me.. But will 15x10 fit on a stock 90 pathy with 31 bfgs?

Don't bother with 15x10. There's no need. Stick with 15x8. You can go up to 33x12.5 on a 15x8 rim, and you can't fit any bigger than that on these trucks without a SAS.

I understand the want for a set of MT's, I think they would look sweet on my truck, but my AT's get me everywhere the guys in MT's go, I've never regretted my purchase. I have the Dueller Revo AT's, everyone here has heard me praise them... I also know quite a few people running the BFG AT's, and they kick some ass offroad too.

You know, everyone thinks the MT's make you look so big and bad, but I kinda enjoy when people curse me for getting through what I do in a set of 31" AT's! :D

... I kinda enjoy when people curse me for getting through what I do in a set of 31" AT's! :D

KINDA?!?!? :rolleyes: I'm convinced that's your favorite thing about wheeling. Add in the fact that you're a girl, and driving a unibody and it completes the trifecta! :tongue::laugh:

Yeah, good luck with those POS. That is the worst tire brand around.

I know of at least three different daily driver rigs running those. I hear good things about them. Enough to make me lean toward those for my next set.

Are these procomp rockcrawler rims equivalent to the cragar soft 8?

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT63883.aspx

full picture here: http://www.4wheelparts.com/aux_incl/images...&partNo=PCW

I want to take advantage of 4 bfg at 31 x 10.50 for 483$ with free ship. NO cragars on 4wheel parts.

I think the above looks like them and if i'm not mistaken they do come with those center caps.

Yup thats exactly what I paid for them through 4Wheel Parts. And got them at my doorstep 2 days later.

My comment was based on brand only. Good for you guys and your experience, most of the Joe Shmoe reviews I see for the Kumho's MTs are OK, but my past experiences with their passenger car tires left a bad taste so I would never recommend anything of theirs.

I hear what you're saying, Ryan, but it's tough to discount and entire brand, just because of a particular type, or model of tire. For instance....

BFGoodrich makes the AT/KO, which is a favorite among many people looking for an aggressive AT tire. They are probably the 1-2 for the best AT around. However, many of their lower end passenger car tires are garbage.

Goodyear is the same way....

The only company, that I've seen, that has excellent reviews for ALL their tires is Michelin....but when have you ever heard of an aggressive AT, or MT model from them? They do what they do well, but they don't do it all.