running ruff

94extreme

just looking for some ideas. the truck ran great this weekend and then all of a sudden yesterday it started to run rough. it feels like it may be missing or something.. i get this kind of "tick" like feeling.. my dash light has been on for other reasons and i haven't checked to see if the ECU has anything to to say about this.

like i said, just looking for some ideas on what this may be caused by. i haven't done anything in the most recent past on the truck..

thanks

lol.. i already said i haven't had a chance to pull the darn codes. the light is on, just for other reasons. :D

MAF.. hmmmm.. maybe.. last tim i checked it it was sparkling.. that wasn't all too long ago either.. i will though, tonight. this just happened all of a sudden as the truck ran like a champ the day before. thanks you two jokers. :D

PULL YOUR CODES MAN!!!! SHEESH!!!

:)

Oh yeah....you should pull your codes too! :tongue:

After you pull the codes, Ill make an additional comment....

:wtf: n00b

and don't forget to pull your codes

51 Injector Circuit.

any bright ideas now? :mellow:

nah.. i only did plugs and cap/rotor etc.. a bit ago... put on ~3k mi since.

i checked 3 of injectors so far... they have continuity.. the 3 under the intake.. will take a while.. crap.

Edited by mzxtreme

CHECK YOUR CO.... wait, you did that :omg: somebody actually checked the codes!!! :wtf: is this forum coming too! :laugh:

Reset the computer and forget it... unless it happens again :lol:

it's still running like crap man. i know nothing about fuel injection.. would appreciate some constructive ideas here. any ideas where a good spot in the harness may be to test the 3 that are under the air intake?

it's still running like crap man. i know nothing about fuel injection.. would appreciate some constructive ideas here. any ideas where a good spot in the harness may be to test the 3 that are under the air intake?

yea.. start with page EF-EC 108 in the 1994 FSM

I have the same problem, and I have had it for a year. I had the code 51, after my truck was down for 3 months while I replaced the transmission. I then cleared the code and ran 5 bottles of injector cleaner in the next 5 tanks of gas. Still misses. I am thinking it may be a leaking injector or an irregular spray pattern or both. I still have not replace any of the injectors yet. I guess I will have to do that eventually. Sucks cause they are so expensive. The code never came back however

Mark

I have a full set of injectors from my 95 that I have laying around from when I did my engine swap. They were working fine when I pulled the motor. Lemme know if you determine that you have a bad one and I'll see what we can arrange.

k9, thanks for the pointer to the elec. schematics.. man the manual is just too thick. lol

you wouldn't happen to know if the two connectors (near the lettrs D and B) are by any chance up front of the engine? for some reason i am thinking that mine has 4 connectors there and iirc they were all spliced into the main harness.. i will have to chase the colors on these wires. the diagrma only really shows 3 that could possibly be in the front.

if nothing else, i will take the intake off as i really need to do a few other things in there.. i bet a fried one sensor because i have a coolant leak i haven't been able to pin point and i did get the darn thing hot a couple of times.. not the day or two before it crapped out though. P...

Holy Error Codes MZ.... I too would try the reset and see if it comes back. I did that on a Leaking injector code, no smell, no visable evidence. Then move onto the 1, 3 and 5 injectors that you can get at without removing the intake... It could be as simple as a loose connection. Clear the ECU then if it comes back again, its on to 2, 4 and 6...

While your in there, it would also be a good idea to swap out some old coolant and Vaccuum lines....

Depending on Milage, now may be a good time to upgrade/replace injectors

the code doesn't really matter as the truck still runs like crap... there is some gas smell.. kind of like it's running rich which would be consitant with the symptoms. the engine definitely misses and it doesn't feel like a random miss.. feels to me like one and one only.. it's always the same.. ther could also be some other issues which i'll try to elliminate before tearing down the top of the motor.

if i can't figure out how to test those 3 other injectors i'll probably park the truck and tear into it.. maybe i can find the coolant leak i have and do everything else i need to do there.. t-bet, belts..etc.. etc..

thanks for your help guys and for the adivce/ideas. i'll keep you posted on the progress.