classic tail gating stories

sw

i cant claim credit for any of these but i sure thought they were funny enough to share with all you

1. taken from pulsar.org.com.au

i bought this 35 psi high flow boat pump and a 5L bottle for my N13. went down tot the sprinkler shop and got me a nice spray attachement and some hose and I actually fitted the jet to the rear of my N13 (my first pride n joy). I hooked up a switch near the dash and all the plumbing too. At the flick of a switch a had a water jet shooting out near the exhaust about 5 meters behind me. Nice and powerful. THIS IS HOW MUCH I HATE TAIL GATERS.

I used the James Bond setup a few times on mates and then I realised water just was not doing the trick, so I switched to urine.

I remember this one Gemini that just couldn't hack being dragged off from the lights. So he stuck on my hiney and that was his big mistake. I would say he got 1 Litre of pi$$ on his ride before he realised the substance on his windscreen was not water

2. taken from nissansilvia.com

hey all!

I was driving home the other day on the main rd, in the left lane and wasn't speeding or driving slow.. Just doing the limit, when this peanut in his Misabullsh*t Mirage with all the ricey stuff on (as they are), start to tailgate me.... I didn't think much of it... But 10mins later, he's still there and I know he had plenty of chances to pass in the right lane... Ohh he had a couple of mates with him as well, I'm starting to get pissed off by now... and it's about 3pm there's alot of cars on the road but not peak hour.

I see a parked car in front of the car that's in front of me (if you understand all that?) Anyways the guy in front pulls into the right lane to get around the parked car. And I knew I had to do it, so I checked my blind spot to the right and no cars in that lane. (the right lane) So I wait till the very last second, and I pull into the right lane. And the peanut, couldn't stop or get into the right lane.... All I could see was headlight glass flying everywhere!! and bent fenders!! ha ha ha.. Had to do a U turn, and give him a honk of the horns and the fly by!!!

I day had ended well!!!!

Yeah, I'm always marginally worried that then they'll actually hit me and won't have insurance. =)

Or the flip side. In late January right after a hard rain, this jacka$$ pulled out of a business driveway at about 5:15 pm, right after work, and nearly hit me/Pathy on W. Valley Hwy for the locals . He then proceeded to cut across traffic, and I do mean cut accross- many slammed brakes and such. Guess I was toooooooo concerned a citizen, I figured he was drunk. So I turned the next corner after him trying to get a plate #, went about 150 (according to the cops) or so accelarating and *bam* the jackass slams the brakes for ABSOLUTELY no reason. Due to the P.O.S. BFG mudders I haven't been able to replace yet, I hit the brakes and slid... slid... slid right into his P.O.S. mid-90's Taurus. Even the cops said it was obvious that he had no reason to do it and was trying to cause a wreck for insurance reasons. Still, it cost me $500 out of pocket (deductible) and endless mess of stress and shady repairs and newly-found damage. It has been a nightmare really. The moral is- don't screw around with tail gaiters, cut-offs, morons, whatever on the road. It doesn't matter who is right, what the other idiot does, etc. You will still end up with a bill and the headache of putting the pieces back together.

I had a Honda that I had modified to deal with tailgaters. I bought some poly tubing (like you run to the ice maker on your fridge). It's fairly rigid so I didn't have to worry about it crushing. I ran it from my parking brake area, under the carpet and came up in the body panel near the rear left tail light. I modified the seal to permit a 1/4 inch tube end flush with the lense so it wouldn't be noticed and aimed it directly at the drivers windshield if he were about 10 feet or so away. I then took some very flexible tubing (so I could stow it away) and attached it to the rigid tube at the parking brake. Normal driving, the tube was tucked between the hump and the seat. It was the perfect size to fit a BB. I kept a small tin of them in my ashtray and if some a-hole was on my a$$, I'd pop a BB into the tube and give a good blow. *ping*. They'd back off quickly. A soft blow would just make noise but a good blast would make a star-crack in the windshield. In PA, that would fail inspection so there's a couple hundred dollars for them to replace the glass.

The other thing I like to do is drain about 1/4 of my washer fluid spraying while a meathead in an open ragtop is on my tail. They get a tad wet.

• 2 years later...

I know a guy who did it in an Astro Van, which had a separate jug for the rear washer fluid. He said it held almost 4 litres, and he had the nozzle facing out. He filled it with Coke. Said 9 times out of 10, the car behind him would run out of washer fluid before he ran out of Coke... :)

When we were kids A friend of mine had a hole in his floor board. We used to drop pecans thru the hole for kicks.

:idea: I'm thinking ball bearings for tailgaters, but I'd probably kill a biker going the opposite way. You gotta be careful taking cheap shots.

canola oil would be a nice alternative to coke

Yeah, but on a hot summer day....think of the sticky mess Coke would make on a person's windshield and hood!! :D

Well it doesn't deal with tailgaters very well, but I've "modded" my car so that my front wiper fluid nozzles point forward rather than at my windshield. Gets pretty fun when you have a convertible in front of you or a car next to you with his window down(since the nozzles spray slightly right/left); you can spray the person pretty easily and it takes them a while to figure out where it came from.

Pretty easy "mod" to do on most pathfinders I think, although mine mightve been easier to do since its more worn down. But you just take the end of the nozzles and pull them up out of the hood then turn them around. If you wanted to make it more secure you could use a drill or weld small pieces of metal into the holes to make them hold the nozzles in the opposite direction better.

I'd like to see if I can reverse my rear wiper fluid nozzle though, then I could get the people behind me too.

I have had some winners on my a$$ as well, one guy stands out, he was tailgating me first thing in the morning, on my way home from my girlfriends place. Roads are slick so I am doing the speed of traffic, two lane hwy, leaving lots of room to stop if something happens ahead. After about 5km with this nob right on my tail, we come to a traffic light, he brakes way too late and has to take the shoulder on my right to avoid hitting me. I look at him as he slides up beside me and shake my head, head shakes his fist at me, I am starting to get a bit pissed with this bs, haven't even had a coffee yet. So we head on down the road and come to a long line up at the next light, my PO meter is pretty much to the right limit as he is still tailing me, so then he pulls his final move, gets out and starts walking to my car door, well that is when the straw snapped, he got a wee surprise as I had one hand on his neck and the other cocked to drop him in a heartbeat. He heeded my advise and got the f back in his car, something about an unshaven pissed of redneck must have changed his mind about whatever he thought I needed to hear because all he kept saying was sorry, lol, so yeah, that stuff gets me goin.

some of you guys are jackasses.. talking about spraying pee and cracking windshields, brake-checking, causing wrecks just because someone is following you a little close?? bunch of babies.. oh noes someone is too close to me, i cant handle it cause im a ***** :(

i dont make it a habit to tailgate people, but ill keep it withing a few carlengths if they are gonig below the speed limit. Ive been brake-checked a couple of times - both from soccer moms. nothing pisses me off more than $#&%tards that brake-check tailgaters, how does causing a wreck solve your problem?? I dont give a @!*% if anyone tailgates me, so what, as long as your not hitting me im 100% fine with it..

/rant

sorry i had to get that out, the windshield wiper stories are funny though, that is something i dont mind, it doesnt do any harm

Yeah, and you're the guy who will be looking down at his cell phone while tailgating someone and slam into them. There's no reason for it....Period. Anyone who's been rear-ended, knows the pain it causes, and 99% of the time, it's from people following too close.

i've heard of people here getting tix for slamming on brakes resulting in wrecks...if i get a jackass tailgating i usually lay off or speed up to keep them boxed in so they cant pass (im always running at least 9 over)

but on the other hand i can tailgate...and tailgate hard but this usually comes after some1 is a jackass (cut me off and go slow or try to run me out of my lane and not show remorse for it)...i was coming home 1 day and had passed this stupid woman who was running 10 under the whole time ( on a 2 lane road) it went to 4 so i passed her...so we get to the light and i know the left is the straight lane and the right is right turn only...well she decides she wants to go straight...i honk my horn she speeds up and about rams into the side of and flips me the bird...when i get a rush of road rage it is not pretty for the other people and scares the @!*% out of the people im with...

so i go from 3rd to 1st...spin the tires get about 2 ins off her bumper and knowing shes going to hit the brakes i had about a half a car width over toward the center line...she jams the brakes (we're going about 45 now in a 35) i once again go from 4th to 2nd jerk over pass her and now im runnin about 60 in a 45 and shes amazingly on my ass i flip her the bird grin drop it to 3rd tires yell and she jerks it over and nails the curb...i check out and never see her again...my other great story was some prick 16 year old (grew up with his brother and he was a prick too) kid cutting me off turning left i was going right...so knowing he was driving his bro's car got on his ass and once again anticipating the brakes he jams them on into a lock i go around he tailgates me i downshift and kick the tires...he about @!*%s a brick and comes up next ot me and my ex gf at the light...he makes some smart ass remark...she gets out grabs him by the collar and lets him have it...truck gets egged that night so i go pay his rents a lil visit and explain the entire event to them and holy @!*% they took his license for a week...

but a side note...i really hate those people when ure like 5 feet back and they feel ure too close and hit the brakes just to make u back off...that usually makes me get closer too...just drive and dont worry about me being behind u im not tailgating unless u cut me off and went slow...if it was that important to get in front of me hit the damn gas and go

I get annoyed by those little ricer wannabe's that suck up behind you to a point that all you can see of them out the rear view mirror is there roof line....

Had this guy once cut across 3 lanes of traffic to get into the 4th lane and turn into Costco... I beeped the horn... he Brake checked me, and stopped. Got out yelling and screaming about how rude people in this town were and that he wanted to move back to Cali.... Finally he got back in his car and pulled into Costco and parked....

About 15 min later I see him scowling at me from across the way, not paying attention to what he is doing.... Slams into a overflowing cart, and gets everyone attention in that area of the store... I said "Must be a californian driver".... never heard so many people laugh so hard in my life.... watch him run out of Costco.....

Edited by Casey.T

^^:lol:^^^^

I got tailgated by a semi pulling two trailers in a snowstorm. When he finally passed me I watched one trailer go by then when I noticed the other one I got very claustrophobic.

I haven't yet built up the nerve to do something stupid to stupid drivers, but I am getting there

I drive to the point where I almost NEVER get tail-gated. Nor do I get passed that often. So when someone does tail gate me, I know they have to be an idiot because you just have to be an idiot to be trying to faster than me.

Most of the time what I do if someone decides to tailgate me (and its rare) is I'll give a quick tap on the brakes (not enough to really engage them, but enough for the lights to come on) and then I'll floor it and leave em behind me. What's even more fun is when they try and go around me once they've been tailgating and I floor it and don't let them pass me... Trying to act tough and pass me just doesn't work.

By the way, is there any way to somehow install a switch that'll turn on the brake lights without actually engaging the brakes? That'd be a really useful tool for when someone tailgates, you can just turn on the switch and they'll lay off you, but you're not in danger of causing a crash or anything. The reverse lights would be pretty cool too.

I drive to the point where I almost NEVER get tail-gated.  Nor do I get passed that often.  So when someone does tail gate me, I know they have to be an idiot because you just have to be an idiot to be trying to faster than me. 

Most of the time what I do if someone decides to tailgate me (and its rare) is I'll give a quick tap on the brakes (not enough to really engage them, but enough for the lights to come on) and then I'll floor it and leave em behind me.  What's even more fun is when they try and go around me once they've been tailgating and I floor it and don't let them pass me... Trying to act tough and pass me just doesn't work. 

By the way, is there any way to somehow install a switch that'll turn on the brake lights without actually engaging the brakes?  That'd be a really useful tool for when someone tailgates, you can just turn on the switch and they'll lay off you, but you're not in danger of causing a crash or anything.  The reverse lights would be pretty cool too.

You must have the fastest pathfinder in the world..cuz I know for a fact my mustang would have no problem coming to a complete stop then still catching and passing my pathy that never stopped.

Also..yes a brake light switch would be fairly simple to install.

Edited by Pavelow Leaks

in the galant, i just gas it. 25 lbs of boost and methanol pull away fast from pretty much anything. never been tailgated much at all in the pathfinder, but if someone was being real stupid(not like the pathfinder has enough power to piss anyone off), i'd straight slam the brakes on. i don't care. there isn't one reason to ride that close to another car. NO reason.