87 Pathfinder In Petersons 4 Wheel Drive Magazine

unccpathfinder

but sorry I dont have any pictures. I tried looking online but it doesnt seem that they update their website with readers rides...if someone get the magazine they may try to scan it in but it looked pretty cool its up in SD.

sorry for not having a pic of it...i did google around though and couldnt find it :hide:

but sorry I dont have any pictures. I tried looking online but it doesnt seem that they update their website with readers rides...if someone get the magazine they may try to scan it in but it looked pretty cool its up in SD.

sorry for not having a pic of it...i did google around though and couldnt find it :hide:

:worthless: But at least you know that already.

This is his pic from cardomain but its the same truck. :omg:

23246071fullsi1.jpg

Tires and Wheels:

- 42x15 TSL on American Racing wheels

Suspension:

- 5-ich All Pro springs, Rancho RS 9000 shocks, SAS

Drivetrain:

- Dana 44 front axle, factory Nissan rear axle with spring over, 4.88 gears

Performance Mods:

- 3.0L v6

Funniest Wheeling Incident:

- Getting stuck on a snow bank at the Wal-mart parking lot after the plows came through

Does everything work:

- Steering works excellent off-road, but sloppy on road

Anything You Would Change:

2 1/2 ton Rockwells

Edited by cohen

This is his pic from cardomain but its the same truck. :omg:

23246071fullsi1.jpg

Tires and Wheels:

- 42x15 TSL on American Racing wheels

Suspension:

- 5-ich All Pro springs, Rancho RS 9000 shocks, SAS

Drivetrain:

- Dana 44 front axle, factory Nissan rear axle with spring over, 4.88 gears

Performance Mods:

- 3.0L v6

Funniest Wheeling Incident:

- Getting stuck on a snow bank at the Wal-mart parking lot after the plows came through

Does everything work:

- Steering works excellent off-road, but sloppy on road

Anything You Would Change:

2 1/2 ton Rockwells

I noticed registration plates on it.. Am I to believe that that thing is street legal?

I noticed registration plates on it.. Am I to believe that that thing is street legal?

Can't speak for all states but Washington State allows up to a 42 or 44in tire... last I heard (but it has been a while). And the overall height of a vehicle is limited to a maximum of 14ft.

Without the turns signals, no :jig:

I could be wrong, as i just heard this from a coworker who moved here from another state, but the use of turn signals is "optional" in some states, as are actually having them.

Anyone live in a place that does not technically require the use or existence of turn signals?

I know NC doesnt require reverse lights...

he has turn signals...look on either side of the radiator...vertically...

Ahhh. Hidden turn signals!

That truck would not be street legal in BC without flares to cover the width of the wheels, also the mods would require an engineers stamp of approval that they do not significantly alter the trucks safety devices. Would not stop him from driving it till stopped by the police though.

I would not bet my life on that "roll cage" look at the side shots of it, it seems to me like it would fold up if he ever did roll... just not enough bracing IMO

It's a nice truck for what he built it to be... just needs a bit more work to make things right.

Anyone live in a place that does not technically require the use or existence of turn signals?

*reliving very recent rides in my grandpa's Ford Model T's...*

As far as I know, you are not required to have turn signals at all. Turn signals came later on. (Remember those hand signals in driver's ED? ;) ) What about old motorcylces? It comes down to the old rigs being grandfathered in, so the newer rules had to give. From what I've hear, this only flies (hand signals) in daytime hours around here (for obvious reasons!). Just a thought...

Edited by Mr. Pickles

I would not bet my life on that "roll cage" look at the side shots of it, it seems to me like it would fold up if he ever did roll... just not enough bracing IMO

I honestly dont think its a roll cage right now (maybe work into one)...I believe its just holding the roofrack up so he could throw that big ass tire on top