Blown Head Gasket ? Help Me

terra88

Hey all ,

Just bought another rano for the miss's. Needs a gearbox and a tidy up but got it hell cheap, plus I have a wrecked rano still to rob parts.

But my main concern is that whilst driving it back (1200klm trip) the radiator boiled dry several times and upon inspection by torchlight lol, there is tiny bubbles coming out of the radiator filler. In my experience that is a tell tale of a blown head gasket ??

Has anyone done a head gasket on the TD27 motor or had this problem ?

Thanks Guys

Look for signs of white smoke (not blueish like oil smoke) coming out of the tailpipe especially when first started in the morning. This is usually indicative of a bad gasket. You are also correct about the bubbles.

The best way is doing a compression check.

fluids do tend to mix at least somewhat when the head gasket is shot.

ohh yea i forgot to mention that if u check the oil and its milky then you've got a problem...be it head gasket or a cracked block/head most likely a head gasket

no water in oil, no white smoke, water pump works fine cause you can see the water moving fast in the radiator. got a co2 test and all good. The mech told me maybe blocked radiator...

Well, considerin' you have a td27 motor, what is it equiped with? N/A or turbo? Thats diesel right...

thats higher pressure on the heads gaskets and all the parts associated with the internal moving parts of the motor for that matter. Just a few things to consider.

to know for sure do a compression check, you will probably have to go to a diesel mech as compression is much higher being a diesel

btw nissan diesel

td27

t - now im not 100% on this but i believe the t stands for timing gears - as in no timing belt or chain but metal gears. similarly rd28 (another nissan diesel) - the r stands for timing belt

d - is diesel.

27 - is capacity

td27t - the last t is for turbo

td42ti - which is what i have :):):)

the i is for intercooled

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem, no white smoke, no oil mixing, just air in the water circuit.

I opened up the engine and it was just the head gasket. (in the year before i did a gasket check and replaced it with gasket that wasn't Nissan)

I put a new one bought at Nissan, and so far, runs great.

Look for signs of white smoke (not blueish like oil smoke) coming out of the tailpipe especially when first started in the morning. This is usually indicative of a bad gasket. You are also correct about the bubbles.

The best way is doing a compression check.

I get white smoke when she first runs for a while, but could that be because its been sitting and hardly run for 2 years? Because I let her run for half an hour last week and it stopped and hasn't done it since. All Fluids are good.