New Custom Lift

Lol, now im fighting an air bag problem. This didnt happen yesterday, but when i came home last night i disconnected my battery over night, then go and start it today and the air bag light is blinking. wtf..

Lol, now im fighting an air bag problem. This didnt happen yesterday, but when i came home last night i disconnected my battery over night, then go and start it today and the air bag light is blinking. wtf..

On tacomas the air bag sensor is a thin wire that runns down the steering shaft and if you turn the steering wheel while the shaft isn't connected to the rack it can break. I found this out when I did a SAS on my taco, not fun.

Might be the same style?

The lift looks sick, your ride looks how a pathfinder should

Edited by GrnMchn

Yeah the airbag problem was totally unrelated, I was aware of the steering wheel spiral cable thats why i tied the steering wheel to the bottom of the seat so it wouldnt move while it was disconnected. All I did was put the airbag computer into diagnostics mode and let it spit out codes then i took the key out, now it works like it should again.

Haha yeah, I need to fix the strut angle tho and make spacers for the rear. I bought some used 33" MT/Rs with 60% tread for $200 so it should be pretty cool when its done.

That is...if I don't put the 33's on my car50 and run off with them first. haha.

Looks good :beer:

It may be the angle of a couple of your pics, but it looks to me like if you stuff the rear tires you'll make a mess out of the surrounding sheet metal, especially in front of the tires....... :shrug:

Time to get the sawzall out?

• 3 weeks later...

There is a method to turn your air bag light off....

It involves turning the key to ON and pressing the door switch a certain amount of times in like 10 seconds, i forgot what exactly but I found the procedure online with some research, I posted about it on AC years ago.

Beats the dealer, who wanted $200 to turn the light off.

That is another option for the steering for the shorter lifts. I do remember that Keith mentioned that "spacer" in the steering WON'T work on the 4.5" lifts since the angle would be too steep. I can definitely make a 3" lift with one of those steering extensions. :sly:

I REALLY like the design of those blocks too, but they wont' be easy or cost effective to make. People are complaining about price already so I'm trying to avoid making it more expensive.

Edited by tmorgan4