IPB forum software upgrade

88pathoffroad

After experiencing the slowdown of our forum recently, I called IPB today to ask about it.

They say: Well, you're running a very old version of the forum software, would you like to upgrade to the newest version?

I said: Doesn't that cost us something?

They said: No.

An email has been sent to Jim's email address with instructions on how to approve the changes. I will also contact Jim to get the ball rolling. Apparently this has always been free and all that was needed was a simple phone call to get things started. Goddammit. We put up with an awful lot of shxt up till now, I WANT THE FORUM FIXED!

Apparently this has always been free and all that was needed was a simple phone call to get things started. Goddammit. We put up with an awful lot of shxt up till now, I WANT THE FORUM FIXED!

Sounds like that Eastwood insurance commercial. "Should'f Could'f East'would'huf" haha. Nice job though. Atleast we will be running better! :aok:

Done and done. Time to start modifying things! :D

Nice and thank you :aok:

I actually first noticed this on my phone while at work. Earlier today I was getting an error trying to access the boards. Later I decided to restart my phones browser and there it was, the new version. One feature I noticed right away was the "Lo-Fi" link at the bottom, makes browsing on the phone a LOT easier... wonder if I can post from the phone now.

It would be nice... I'll believe it when I see it...

I see it. It is different. Now I have to learn again. I even had to log in. Ow, my head... :stickwack:

Good job Aaron. No bugs yet, but this is the first post...

B

I see it. It is different. Now I have to learn again. I even had to log in. Ow, my head... :stickwack:

Good job Aaron. No bugs yet, but this is the first post...

B

well, it let you back in... DAMMIT!

wonder if I can post from the phone now.
Bookmark it on your phone and you should be able to post while sitting in traffic...haha.

Yep, it does work. I posted in the PoHo from my phone just a little while ago.