TAILGATE STRUTS AND HEALIGHTS

Well here in Colorado its been snowing. The 'finder has not been stuck once, but one thing has been bugging me. The tailgate will not stay up, at all! During the day it partialy stays open, at night they might as well not be there at all! So I talked to a cousin that had a '95 and he said he replaced them with this part number:90450.41G12. He told me they made all the difference in the world. Has anyone else experience these? I am still looking for some upgrades for the tailgate glass struts.

As for the headlights. The NISMO catalog also lists Euro headlights for the Pathy. The part numbers are as follows:

B6010.88G00 and B6060.88G00

The catalog does not discern which is L or R / D or P.

Does anyone have experience with the Euro lights?

Well have a good day.

Nick

Any auto parts store ought to have your rear lift arms $20-$30 an arm as I recall. During the day they work fine at night when it is colder the seals on the pistons shrink (like other things exposed to cooler ambient temperatures) and can't seal thus allowing the gate to not raise by itself.

Simply replacing the weak struts often solves your problem and most auto parts stores carry them, or they can order them for you. They generally run about $20-40 per strut, yep.

I've heard other people talk about the E-spec lights, but was there a problem with their legality in the US? I seem to remember problems ordering them into the US from Japan because of legality issues. In any case, I don't think I've ever seen any or heard of anyone having them in the US.

Most euro spec light assemblies are illegal in the US as they do not focus enough light up. That's right, the DOT requires some percentage of the beam NOT be focused down on the road but to shine upwards to light up street signs.

The fact that it also means light shines up into oncoming drivers' eyes is but an unfortunate side effect the DOT requires....

This is also why putting HID's in stock headlights is such a bad idea. A halogen element shining in your eyes is not as blinding as an HID element.

Personally, I do not know of anyone who has been cited for using euro spec lights in the US. I have, errr, I know of several people who have been using them for years (but not for pathys). But they are a "grey market" thing to import so they can be tricky to find.

Edited by mws

Personally, I do not know of anyone who has been cited for using euro spec lights in the US.

E-Codes are pretty popular in the VW circles -- people there only seem to run into problems when trying to pass an inspection (where applicable).

I have the Euro Headlights in my Pathy. The pattern is better. Because they are an H-4 bulb I have also converted to HID's. The output and pattern is worlds better than stock. The pattern is a much more modern design where the left is lower than the right but the road in front is better illuminated.

How about that snow man the pathy's love it and 2 more feet on the way. I'm also looking for some new corner lights on broke due too a wreckless old lady in a caddy.

I was cool about it figured light cost less then going through the insurance company...

I had euro's in my bmw along with HID's. It passed inspection and the light that was put out made everything in front of me turn to day. I also didn't get any flashes or anything like that from oncoming drivers.