Your Pathys temperament

Slick

What is your pathys temperament?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. What is your pathys temperament?

• Hates me and I hate it (always breaking/bad attitude).
    • Sickly and breaks a lot.
    • Never sick/always ready to go.
    • Mean with a "don't mess with me" attitude(urban assault vehicle).
    • Only runs good OFF road.
    • Only runs good ON road.
    • It's just a truck.
    • Breaks when I beat on it, but otherwise stays in decent shape.

Ok y'all. I want to know what YOUR Pathys attitude is! Is she rarin to go when you get in first thing in the morning. or does she cough and splutter to life?

I'll start with my 2.

mini me: she may be little but gawd dayum has she got guts! she refuses to be beat by ANYTHING, especially off road, and she will NOT be intimidated by anything bigger than her. she laughs at semi's who try to "push" her on the freeway, or the big stupid 17" of lift, $80k trucks that are launching their boats next to her.. she runs sick, tired, broken and never complains. I have had her 3 yrs and I would NEVER part with her. :bow:

king caca~ the introvert. big truck with no attitude. he's just a quiet guy who does his job nicely. he runs better off road than on, and likes to play. he has an ego off road, and likes to do everything I ask him to without complaint. easy going truck, and runs with little or no maintenance. he's a bit of a sissy at first, but gains confidence as he goes along.

he fears mini me, and knows she will kick his ass if he tries to take over. mini IS the alpha female on the driveway. :D

my vote was for my #1, mini me, and i voted #4, cuz she is an urban assault vehicle. takes no sh!t from anyone. P...

vote away peeps!!!!! :beer:

**aw crap, if a mod can do it, add "it's just a truck" to the poll please!!! ** :beer:

Edited by Slick

I'd click 3, but I dont want to jinx it.

Mine's pretty good on & offroad, as long as you dont care about mileage. She's had a few hiccups along the way, but for the most part is good to me.

I AM going to jinx myself, and go ahead and select three.

'02 with 71K miles, so far so good (except my brakes which I need to fix this weekend!)

Cool thread, Slick :aok:

Edited by navygz19

Cool thread, Slick :aok:

thanks. it was actually K9's comment of "my truck is allergic to asphalt" that sparked the idea.... i just wondered if anyone else thought of their pathy as "a person with feelings" or "part of the family" :)

Well, I chose #4 for Big Homie. I like the fact that there is no other pathfinder like mine in town. I get nods from jeep guys and stuff. Of course, big homie knows I have a 42in prybar in my toolbox if he acts up! And when people cut me off, the 33's make one heck of a noise when they try to lock up! Yes, there has been times where a punk in his honda gets to close and I flash the tires at his window, gets thier attention! :P

Edited by 5523Pathfinder

3 or the last one for me, voted 3.

A few little things but that is to be expected. Overall, it is a sleeper off-roader and looks after me just fine, no complaints even starting at -28 or running hard at +38.

And I concur, neat thread :aok:

I had to vote #4 for when mine was running. it done as good as offroad as it did onroad, I just wish I had took the time to install that trans cooler :( didnt back down from my bro ford ranger w/ a 5 speed and 3"BL...went everywhere he did and even pulled him out...but it wouldnt let anybody beat it on road either....and still got 22 mpg!!!

LMAO!!!!....

We all have had some type of hiccup... Wether it self-corrected or we had to do something...

Both of mine have a done mess with me... the 88 Delpha stated once again last night that she loves it....

My QX4 loves roaring the engine at 6k rpm while spinning around in snow, mud, or dirt.

It races through public parks and large patches of grass in the middle of the night. The QX4 sound deadening and stock intake make sure I leave skid marks quietly, as not to wake the surrounding neighborhoods up.

Takes me to work every morning, quietly, comfortably, and reliably.

Call me a vandal, but all the good offroaidng spots in central san diego are closed but the pathy needs it like drugs so I go "urban offroading".

White collar by day, destroying soccer fields by night.

Edited by FUELER

Slick, must I remind you this IS an OFFROAD related site! Of course we beat on our pathys... to some extent!!

ah. but wheelin HARD and BEATING on a pathy are 2 different things. that's like slapping your child for writing on the walls or beating them til they die....... sssh

I put Mean with a "dont mess with me attitude" just cause my truck is ALWAYS muddy and since I live in Chicago it is something you rarely see. I either get a thumbs up or the dirtiest looks; but that being said when a nice clean BMW or something sees me they do get out of the way. :cool2:

ah. but wheelin HARD and BEATING on a pathy are 2 different things. that's like slapping your child for writing on the walls or beating them til they die....... sssh

I'd say wheeling it hard IS beating on it, regardless of how careful you are. Face it, Pathys weren't meant to take hard use without losing a few parts along the way. The stock steering is one clue...

I'd say wheeling it hard IS beating on it, regardless of how careful you are. Face it, Pathys weren't meant to take hard use without losing a few parts along the way. The stock steering is one clue...

Don't start going all soft and fruity on us, please... ;) j/k j/k