I've got gas

Oliver

I don't know when it happened but somewhere along the way I've either punctured my tank or cracked the line or the filler neck. There is a constant and noticeable smell of gas around the truck and if I look underneath I can see what looks like moisture on the "skid plate." I'm pretty sure it is only a slow leak because it doesn't affect my guage very much but it needs to be remedied ASAP.

So Spokane folks here's where I need you. Who knows a shop that will fix something like this here in town?

Thanks

I have somewhat of the same problem myself. Sometimes I smell gasoline when at the back of the truck. It doesn't seem to be related to fill ups as it will occur at random times. I guess I'll take a look at it this weekend. I'll let you know what I find

What year/model is yours? I have a 96 SE

Adam

I have somewhat of the same problem myself. Sometimes I smell gasoline when at the back of the truck. It doesn't seem to be related to fill ups as it will occur at random times. I guess I'll take a look at it this weekend. I'll let you know what I find

What year/model is yours? I have a 96 SE

Hey Guys. I have the same exact problem. I will try to look at mine also. Maybe one of us can come up with something. Good luck :cool2:

First question, Casey.T ol' buddy, how the hell are ya? WAVEY

I'll pm you with my schedule and maybe we can swing a meeting here soon.

Secondly, where is the return line located? (I am ignorant, you see)

Thirdly, if the lines are shot, would braided SS lines be advisable?

Vielen dank meine Freunde.

u can pull up the carpet in the hatch area and theres 4 10mm bolts that pull up a plate which is ure access panel to the fuel pump i'd assume thats where he's talking about...

also could check the vent line tube

i donno about SST i think it would be costly...i cant remember if theres hardlines that run down the rails i think it is so u'd only need a couple of 3ft? sections

u can pull up the carpet in the hatch area and theres 4 10mm bolts that pull up a plate which is ure access panel to the fuel pump i'd assume thats where he's talking about...

also could check the vent line tube

i donno about SST i think it would be costly...i cant remember if theres hardlines that run down the rails i think it is so u'd only need a couple of 3ft? sections

Yup. There should be 2 or 3 rubber lines going to the top of the tank. The return line will be the smaller one running forward.

The fuel feed line is usually a higher grade hose as it has to deal with high pressure. The return line sees very low pressure so many vehicle use cheap standard rubber lines.

If you buy a new line, it will likely be a higher grade rubber made for today's fuels and should last longer than the old one. Using a high pressure version increases reliability even more.

So Oliver shows up around 630, 6 pack of Mikes :beer:

We feed the poor starving college student and head out to the garage time for some fun P...

After dertermining that the skids got to come off and finding the appropiate tools and breaker bar.. Oliver has a flash back, spasim and just hauls off and P...

Dam, I got big wigs from Bellevue coming in tomorrow and I get to wear sunglasses B)

Pure 100% accident, Sh!t Happens... Nice thing is I have someone to clean the garage next time.. maybe even get some Chocolate chip cookies out of the deal :contract:

Got the skid off, broke the back two bolts :furious:

Found the leak, one of the tack welds has a hairline fracture... got to do some research... quickie patch with some stuff from schwabies.. see if it holds.......

JB Weld time????

Dam, I got big wigs from Bellevue coming in tomorrow and I get to wear sunglasses B)

Pure 100% accident, Sh!t Happens...  Nice thing is I have someone to clean the garage next time.. maybe even get some Chocolate chip cookies out of the deal :contract:

Got the skid off, broke the back two bolts :furious:

Found the leak, one of the tack welds has a hairline fracture... got to do some research... quickie patch with some stuff from schwabies.. see if it holds.......

JB Weld time????

:clap: i didn't think you;d post it!!! hahahaha :P

and hey everyone! guess who was on the phone when that pic was taken? sly :takebow:

BTW: nice shiner..... damn. least yer ok besides that. did you guys get all the bolts out?

Edited by Slick

4 corner bolts, all LOCK TITE.... Gas leak, cant use a torch... oops dont have one anyways.....

Please note I was talking to Rachel when that pic was taken..... Had to tell someone that would think it was funny... -bounce-

4 corner bolts, all LOCK TITE.... Gas leak, cant use a torch... oops dont have one anyways.....

Please note I was talking to Rachel when that pic was taken..... Had to tell someone that would think it was funny... -bounce-

:D:P dave said JB weld DO make a sealer suitable for gas tanks ;):aok:

I was thinking about ....

Got into a race with some ricers for pinks and they lost and did not want to fess up????

Police Brutality???

Ran into a upset client???

Was fooling around with the wifey, and just bit a little to hard????

Andrew nailed me with a Football???

Door got me... lame

Socket busted loose off the bolt head and now this is what I have to show for my efforts...