I've got gas

Oliver

We ended up getting something similar to that.... Gas Tank Radiator repair, resistant to Gas and Anti-Freeze.... Guess it was luck :dance:

I still have the skid in the garage, so when he comes back Sat or Sunday we can make a bigger patch with it :aok:

Edited by Casey.T

I can confirm JB Weld works EXCELLENT for gasoline sealing.

I had a dirtbike with a weepy petcock. Cleaned it up VERY well (that is absolutely key!!!!) with wire brush and brake cleaner, and then roughed up the surface with 180 grit sandpaper to give the epoxy some "tooth" to grab on to.

Cleaned again with electrical contact cleaner (leaves NO residue), and then coated the leaky seam with JB Weld. Let it cure, and it never leaked a drop for the next 10 years the bike was in the family.

And to make the repair more flex resistant, get some fiberglass cloth and embed it in the patch. JB, cloth, JB. That makes it a seriously tough and structural patch that will last decades.

Edited by mws

I'll vouch for JB weld -- Its holding together a hole in my VW's oil pan, and has been for two years now. Not a drop leaking :aok: As MWS said though, just clean the bejezus out of the contact area.

(note for my dubs oil pan, I have a replacement, but keep forgetting to buy a 10mm flex socket everytime I change my oil lol)

To quote Beanie in Old School, "Still holding! Still holding!"

The stuff we got is a two part putty that you mix together and stick on the hole. It is still there and working. -bounce-

So the question is should I replace it with that JB patch? And will JB still hold since this leak is on the bottom of the tank at the lowest point? (meaning that it will never be dry unless pulled out and drained.)

How's the eye today?? :X I'm surprized I didn't hear one of these :furious:

If you prepped the tank well before adding the goop (sounds like an epoxy) and it is holding, I would leave it be.

If you really want to be sure it will hold, I would grind/sand it smooth, smear on a layer of JB Weld about 1" beyond the putty patch, then embed a piece of fiberglass cloth, and then apply another layer of JB over that. Then forget it!

grind/sand it smooth, smear on a layer of JB Weld about 1" beyond the putty patch, then embed a piece of fiberglass cloth, and then apply another layer of JB over that. Then forget it!

Thats gonna be the Ticket :beer:

"Still holding! Still holding!"
:clap:

How's the eye today??  I'm surprized I didn't hear one of these  :furious:

It is several beautiful shades of Purple :X Ill do the warm wash clothe tonight so it will start breaking up...

When are you coming to clean the Garage??? oh and the Gutters... dont forget the Pine needles and the cookies :P

I should have looked at this earlier, damnit. I skipped work today and everything!!

Well I work Saturday and Sunday 6am-4pm. Tomorrow's good after 4 unless you're too beat from Silverwood, you lucky dog.