Most worthless/pointless vehicle thread

turbopath

So what do you guys think is the most worthless pos ever? I'm gonna vote H2. I believe even a little nissan has more ground clearance than that Chevrolet Yukon(I just love the sound of that!) (<wtf is with that editing? lol.) with ugly body trim. It gets horrible mileage, has no worth offroad, can't haul anything, and usually only has one passenger. Useless? I think so!

Edited by turbopath

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i say the jeep grand cherokee. only because i install hitches on them and they SUCK DONKEY BALLS .......... in every way. P...P... POS. i rest my case.

i did love my 90 YJ jeep tho :P

ever look at the ground clearance on an Escape??? looks like they went out of their way to make it off-road incapable

rts20010801fe_03.jpg

Agreed

One of my buddies worked at a ford dealership and has the audacity to say "I bet it would be awesome for offroading."

I promptly bitchslapped him.

avalanche

I have never liked the way they look. They have toned down the amount of plastic molding from when they first came out. But, for a high end truck, the plastic molding makes it look cheap. :oops:

they SUCK DONKEY BALLS .......... in every way

Slick tell us how you really feel! WAVEY

huge luxury cars. wtf is the point of them having a V8 that gets only about 20 mpg highway? its a car, its supposed to get good mileage.

and i always laugh when im driving in town behind the escapes i can see them with there IRS and ZERO ground clearance. there is a guy around here that "modded" his out with roof rack and basket, brush guard, lights, and decals everywhere....i think i laugh at him the most.....

The Rendevous is actually VERY comfortable. They get pretty darn good gas mileage (I calculated 27mpg), and they're great on long trips. It's a great retired-person car. LOL.

You can carry a TON of stuff in them, I had 2 sets of tires, a futon, twin mattress set, computer chair and a bunch of other crap in it....it was a rental so I floored it, and it still managed to do 120 -- even with the 3.1L.

That said, I would never own one, but I would consider renting one for a long trip if my Pathy was out-of-commission.

The Aztec is pretty far up my list.... I'm still trying to figure out what the question was!

At least with most vehicles, you can tell what the goal was. The Yugo was supposed to be the cheapest thing you could buy. The H2 is a tarted up Chevrolet Chevrolet Yukon(I just love the sound of that!) for people who need major compensation for undisclosed shortcomings. The Gremlin was, well, what it was.

Edited by mws

Is anyone else still sitting in shock at Dan's attempt to defend the Buick Rendevous?

Homo.

Nope, not at all.

I consider the Rendezvous to be a minivan for people too insecure to actually purchase a "minivan", but not foolish enough to buy a gas guzzling SUV to use as a minivan...

And I know the Aztec is the same basic vehicle, but the styling is so, umm, distinctive that it had to have been done for a reason. That's what I don't get.

Hey, how about any "1 ton" heavy duty truck with an engine putting out less than 300 lb-ft of torque?

Not sure if they still do, but Chevy and Ford used to offer them with 6 bangers. What exactly are you going to tow with THAT? And if you're not going to tow, why get such a big truck?

Just go to Thailand and get the surgical extension and be done with it, ya pathetic dork!

Is anyone else still sitting in shock at Dan's attempt to defend the Buick Rendevous?

Homo.

I had it as a rental car once, and I was very very upset about them giving me a Redezvous, but after a couple of days, I was rather pleased with it. It's actually very nicely appointed and is a very comfortable car. It's basically something for people who need the space of a minivan, but don't want a minivan or SUV. For that purpose, it is a very good vehicle. Not that I would trust it in the long run for reliability concerns, but as a rental I wouldn't turn one down again.

Hey, how about any "1 ton" heavy duty truck with an engine putting out less than 300 lb-ft of torque?

Not sure if they still do, but Chevy and Ford used to offer them with 6 bangers. What exactly are you going to tow with THAT? And if you're not going to tow, why get such a big truck?

Just go to Thailand and get the surgical extension and be done with it, ya pathetic dork!

but didnt they have to meet epa guidelines? You know mpg average? and with lack of econo boxes their motor outputs were pretty much across the board?

Have to? Definitely not.

While there are CAFE standards to meet, there are a lot of ways to get there. One of those big trucks with a little engine is not going to get much better FE than a decent engine. It's the weight and aerodynamics that kill them.

Actually I have driven the 90's Chevrolet W/T work truck 1/2 ton w/ the 4.3 liter, and it actually did very well. It is great for a company truck, they are cheap dependable and have a lot more room than lets say an s10 or even a frontier. So Yeah, I like the big truck small engine combo for certain jobs, but If I had to say a POS... I would give the nod to ford pinto. I HATE THOSE THINGS!!!!

Edited by Extreme90path

Yeah, a 1/2 ton with a higher output V6 is perfectly fine for day to day use.

But could you imagine adding 1000 lbs of HD suspension so it can haul a serious load and then actually try to HAUL a serious load????