So where is your rust starting?

zack1978

So as the title states where is your rust starting? At this point on my 1995, the front pass side fender has rust bubbles starting just above the fender flare, the rear wheel well on the drivers side has got a lot of bubbles. The front pass and drivers side doors have rust starting, and the pass side front half of the rocker. And of course it has it in all the normal spots, the rear rockers, the rear floors, and the frame. I have also noticed that there is a spot on the drivers side floor that is going. All of this is on a truck that was washed often!

Zack

I have rust on the rear fender well and the rear bottom door, the good news is the actual frame is still in good shape for the most part, just some light surface rust.

Seeing how your the orignal owner did they offer rustproofing during point of sale?

One thing to check on the frame, stick your finger in the holes (out of the gutter please) and feel if it is flakin off on the inside. Usually where it begins, it will flake off like a Baklava pastery.

My 88 has very slight surface rust in a few places due to dunking it in the ocean, but the 89 I have has rust holes all over on the body. Driver's side floor under the gas pedal(large hole), in the rear floor behind and under the seats, and a few other places on the body. The spare tire carrier mounts inside have rusted out so bad that the nuts fell out in two places, too. I haven't gone around banging on the frame, so I dunno about that part yet.

I have a 6x3" chunk on the drivers rocker panel that's gone.

6" up my drivers front fender, gone. 5" up my pass front fender, gone.

A hole like 10x2" on the pass side rear (behind the back tire).

And a biiiig hole about 10x3" inside the drivers side rear door jamish area (corner of door and rocker panel, near rear wheel well). Hard to describe, but I've got lots.

Oh, and all along the windshield weatherstripping stuff, at the top, bubbling rust. Several body spots, maybe 8. A little rust on the front bumper, alot on the back. That's about it....

I tell ya, the interior of BC is absolutely horrible. Salty roads just eat bodies.

Under the rear seats there is a small hole, but the frame in the driver side rear wheel well is rotting slowly but surely.....and my original exhaust is almost reduced to dust but still kickin...lol

my 95 has some rust where the fender flares rubbed at the base of the wheel wells but i fixed that and its getting a lil in the top of the hatch so its about time to pull that off and paint it...

on my 87 i had 2 spots come up around the pass side window then around the top of the rear hatch and along the plastic kick panels but all of that has been removed and painted and shes dman near rust free now

I fixed the rust issue on mine that was in the front of the rear wheel wells (by both back doors)...the only issue that remains with mine is the usual rust holes underneath the rear passenger seats...one side is about 6"x6", and the other is about 4"x4"....I have a pinhole sized hole starting to form below the gas pedal as well.

Mine has had rust developing on the inside under the pasenger rear seat.

The curious part is that there is an persistant acidic residue that is associated with this spot. ( I actually tasted it cause it looked like the stuff that forms around your battery post- and sure enough, it's acid. ) I've cleaned and painted the spot, but is keeps coming back. Pretty strange.

Yes, the wonders of the RUST DEMON! Like many Pathy's out there, mine has the rear frame rust and rust holes, which will be getting fixed soon I hope. I also have a little bubbling in the rear passenger doors.....in the lower rear area near the rocker panel.

post-6-1154639105.jpg

I'll try to post mine on the weekend. My entire rear frame rails are finished Rusted from the front ladder bar anchor all the way to the back And it's been fixed once before the lader bar mounts are boxed.

Rust in the lower innner quarter panels, and front wheel wells. It's done