Toyota FJ Cruiser

govols74n

I saw one the other day at a dealer lot and that bad boy is ready to dig, climb, swim, and crawl....it's really cool in my opinion. It comes with lockers, no carpet....just rubber floors....9 inch stock susp travel.......wait till the aftermarket parts come out!!!

http://www.fjcruiser.ca/

Edited by govols74n

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont really it at all, the thing I do like is Toyota had the balls to make it. I dont like that its a 2-door, I like 4-doors so you have more acess to ur junk and you dont have to get out to let the ppl in the back out. I think the FJ is to wide, wider than it has to be. It does have IFS and it is this years UA rig, which I think is a joke, they shoud just stick to old iron they did with the c10 or whatever it was, just to make us poor folk happy. I think in 10 or 15 years down the road it will be a good rig to build off, like ours is but im not going to spend my money on something new and wheel it.

oh and its ugly, i think pathys are ugly too (the front end anyway) but that gives it character, but the FJ :oops:

Edited by FLApathy

sweet pics....i might have to get one, but want to wait until all the bugs of a brand new vehicle are "worked out"

Ehh, it's a 4Runner in disguise, not sure how many bugs it'll really have.

Only people I see driving them around here are soccer moms. I just want one for a day to sink in the mud and get all sorts of dirty, then I'd give it back :D

Oh yeah, I'd probably go find an H3 and run circles around it's ridiculous mass and underpowered 5-cylinder as well :lol:

I was checking one out just the other day. I dig the ground clearence for a stock truck. I read somewhere that it's off-road capability is pretty darn good. The major turn-offs for me are A--it has way too much plastic on it B--It looks like more of a mall-crawler than a 4x4. C--Visibility from inside is horrible, the A-pillars block alot of your view (whoops did not see that tree!) and last it is "fugly". reminds me of a van that got squished. Oh and what is up with the bright M&M colors?? I have only seen them in ugly yellow, and M&M blue. I bet black looks alright. sorry just my .02. :hide:

Guy I work with got one, you cant see s*&t from the front seats, which is something i notice on alot of vehicles these days. other than that the styling is OK and the tires it came with are a joke. I did like the button that locks the rear diff and that all the electronics are run between the headliner and roof. It seems like it wants to be a bad ass but someone came in and decided to make it appealing to soccer moms too. :X

I'd take an Xterra over it... no contest.

The xterra is cool, dont get me wrong but if you do some searching on the net, the FJ blew the xterra away off road during a test ....and all suv's are catered towards soccer moms.....thats why you have to modify them....the FJ is more practical off road....has the switch that enables you to start without the clutch for uphill stalls, full skids underneath, 6 spd man. trans, rear locker, water resistant seats, no carpet, inclimeter, high ground clearance etc....just needs better tires and some aftermarket upgrades.....the videos on the net show how good it does with just stock...it is ugly but would be a fun ride with the right work done on it. BUT I STILL LOVE MY PATHY

Edited by govols74n

The xterra is cool, dont get me wrong but if you do some searching on the net, the FJ blew the xterra away off road during a test

clicky

k...

oh and dont forget, the ppl who 'tested' these 2 are basicly the same who named the ridgeline Truck of the Year

oh and dont forget, the ppl who 'tested' these 2 are basicly the same who named the ridgeline Truck of the Year

:lol:

I was thinking the same thing!

Not much reliability from that, IMO

I followed an FJ out to a climbing wall near Santa Fe a couple weeks back. It involved a good bit of sandy arroyo driving and crossing a few 100year storm gravel bars. the FJ had to repeatedly try two of the gravel bars (I believe success was attained by locking the diffs.) And I followed without incident in my stock 06 Tacoma. my only off-road experience with them.

It does come with s#it tires, too much unpainted plastic (a hard shell for the spare? c'mon...) and a funky roofline tho. the Toyota stealer was totally trying to sell me on one instead, but they do look like a M&Ms with 4wd. No thank you, I will take a pickup with a locking rear diff and a campershell please. I gotta say tho, at least they didn't put mud flaps on it like the tacoma...I already broke off two (I think they are on USFS road 44b near el rito...) why make a mudflap that snaps before it flaps? Dumb.

Actually I believe that the hard shell for the spare is part of an option package (I agree w/ you tho, it does look like :oops: )

And the plastic was to prevent scratches and dents, according to them

Can not wait to see what that plastic looks like in a few years. Hell it would not last 5 years her in Colorado where the sun is pretty brutal. I noticed the new chevy avalanches do not have all that plastic on them anymore and i think it is for the same reason...the sun> will ba -bounce- ke it and make it brittle.