Boss F-ed me.

87pathy

OfficeSpaceMilton.jpg

I believe you have my stapler!

:lol:

ROFLMAO.

i told my wife last night that i felt like that guy!

Thats great! if my company wasn't alwasy so broke **** i'd have to pull the same crap they did!

You guys are great.. You don't even know me and you're all cool.

you want to know whats funny is that non of the NPORA guys that i have actually met have posted.. Whats up guys.. see if i go wheeling with you again.. :P

Hey now!!!!! I just read this... I was not on last night (or the night before... real life got in the way) ;)

To be honest I am in agreement with most of what has already been said... ask questions and get answers first. Then go from there.

Perhaps a new arrangement can be worked out; if not then maybe it really is time to move on.

I feel you on the changing jobs/careers thing... I to have considered it, but with no degree or specialized and documented training, it makes it REALLY hard to do.

I also feel you on wanting to spend more time with your kids yet continue to properly provide for them. In the past couple years I have had to pass up three truly great jobs that offered me way more than I have now, because I am... one, a single father, and two (and most importantly) I cannot and do not want to spend that amount of time away from my boy's.

Over the next few weeks (maybe months)... notice I did not say day's... don't make a quick irrational decision, carefully plan out what you intend to do before you make any moves ...ask your questions, get your answers, develop your plan (include your wife in this) and implement it.

But above all, look out for yourself... and your family :aok:

Edited by RedPath88

I have to agree w/ red88, and actually I feel your pain now 87. My boss at KFC (crap job to begin with) has been promising me the assistant manager position for 4 months now and you last assistant left about 3 months ago, so I have been fully trained, and proforming the required responcibibities of that position sence he left, but I have recieved no pay raise, no recogintion or anything, and have been working here busting balls for the past 3 years. I mean it has been a massive pain in my butt. So I have had several meetings w/ him but he just keeps jerking my chain around, so last saturday I put in my two weeks after much deliberation, because I feel like I am just throwing all of that work away that I did to advance in the business. So now I feel a crap load better... but I guess what I am trying to say... is it's not worth being miserable at a job, that you loath going to. Like I have been told many times, no job or money is worth you sanity. I wish you luck man!!!!

(btw, I had a new job lined up at NAPA before I quit hmm love that 10% off the parts :) )

Well I live in the Lower Mainland area of BC, so I can keep an eye out for work. I have no idea if we are hiring since I supposdly took the last Service Technician job but here is out flashy website National Energy Equipment see if we still are or what. I know we all hate the new foremen cause well he's a complete moron (I never said that, that was our Union Head). Well good luck and I hope the best.

i'll live. Best thing, is i'm not off my rocker. Basically by making this post its kind of a blind pole. Non of you guys really know me and i have just given facts and you all basically agree. Good to know i'm not crazy.

I think i'm going to take the job in BC for the next year.. but i'm going to be pulling some strings and contacting a few people.

they are looking for techs in india.. big money too. i could get 6 weeks on 2 weeks off and paid the entire time.

Thanks for the info guys!

Start looking now, find a company that is small but growing. Eventually they will have to compete with the big dogs and hire a lotta folks. They won't have time to train, so they will suck up the lower guys to the middle.

I looked for 3yrs b4 I changed. Bad economy made it a little harder. The office at the new company was a satellite office w/ 24 employees. The home office and another satelite office in Biloxi was flooded out in Katrina. Now we have 250+ employees. Management is trying to run w/ the big dogs. To get people they are throwing out the bucks and even gave across the board raises to keep people from leaving.

I always heard of across the board raises in the old days, this was the 1st one I've personnally benefited from.

I was fortunate and mostly lucky to move at the right time. Have not regretted the move. You won't either. Take your time with looking, your not under layoff pressure, so you can pick and choose.

Ya, but i still have my stapler.

Bwahahahaha

It's good to see that after going through all this bullsheit you still have your sense of humor.

I pretty much agree with you and the others. Time for a new job, but don't push it and end up with a job you hate. Good luck man

Speaking of boring machines, that reminds me. I used to run several different HBM's for a cable company in WA and OR a while ago. :D

2720.jpg

dwjt1720.jpg

usato_garantito_jt820%20spunton_500.jpg

And backhoes, trackhoes, dump trucks, trenchers, hole hogs, all that good shiet.

ya we build HDD's too. (horizontal Directional Drilling machines)

Those things are so dead simple

just saw this post. dont have much experience in the corporate world but it sounds like youor putting up with to much and that your handling it the right way. anyway do what you think is right but i defintly think you should ask questions. or even go ask them for a raise

The lack of any sort of degree is the primary gap in your resume? Sounds to me like you should knuckle down and get an AA in business management or something...The Crazy Geologist is a product of the community college system, and can attest that they are cheap and educational places to advance one's career. With your experience it should be no problem... and if you are on top of it, you could probably knock one down in a couple years of night school. It would force you to stay around your kids too.

ps your machines are bad a$$$$$$$. They get the approval of the Crazy Geologist. How hard is it to drive (pilot?) those things?

Yes, the degree is my hinderance. however i spend 80% of the year on the road. I would have to find another job in order to go to school.

I could teach a monkey to drive these machines in a week

To teach to operate these machines, I would have you sit in the cab with me for 1 day.

Next day you would be in the seat and i would watch.

Third day i would leave you alone for about 15 min intervals..

4th day.. hour at a time

5 th day, your on your own.. call me if you have problems