Boss F-ed me.

87pathy

So guys here is the deal, We all have bad days at work but i got so pissed off today i had vaines poping out of my head, red face and tears in my eyes.

Long story i'll try to sum it up.

In 2001 i worked for the Field service Dept. Boss F___ked me bad. Told the Big boss (VP) i'm done, i quit.. to hell with this. (field service manager is a total wanker) he begged an pleaded for me to stay, i said its either me or him i'm not working for that SOB.

I got a raise, a promotion, and a new boss. During this i lost a few perks since i'm no longer in the Field service dept. Thats cool, I won't be traveling so much.

WRONG, i was traveling more doing over seas manufacturing managment (like go to china with engineering dwgs and build a 10 million dollar machine with local unskilled labor)

I was traveling so much and without the perks, i was making less money that i did in the service dept. I spoke with the VP about this and he said, i'll take care of this (this was in 2003) Finantially he did, told me my boss was bob (not real name) Bob was cool, no issues, i got compensated correctly, did a few more manufacturing jobs. Then they wanted me to be a project manager every aspect of machine manufacturing and customer relations/handleing including contracts..ect.. I did this well. Made money kept customers happy.

Today the Field service manager came to me and asked me if i would be willing to go to Vancouver BC (nice place) for 1 year and take care of 2 10 million dollar machines. I said i'd think about it. I sent an email to MY boss telling him what went down. Said i'd do this but with some stipulations.

This is the responce i got.

You don't work for me. You work for Field service. Talk to dip@!*%.

WTF? i was being USED for 3 years.

I was flabergasted, i hate that SOB. I have been working for a low wage (lower than what i should make for the job that i do) doing everything i can to advance myself in this company, working insane hours, spending 85% of the year away from my wife and 3 children to be told that i know have to work for a man who is not capable of doing my job!

I have basically been spending the last 5 years of my life being told that i am going places and then today i got Shat on! WTF?

Am i off my rocker for being so pissed? :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

I think i'm going to do to BC for a year (starting in October) but bewarned, i will be looking for a new job.

i have turned down $$$$$ because i have been told that i'm on my way up.. traveling will stop.

The money i was offered (by other companies) was not what i really wanted (money isn't everything) i wanted to stop traveling, I have seen everything in this world i want to see except my children grow up (13,10,2) so i always turned it down in hopes of working my way out of travel permantly.

(Best offer i ever had was 9,000 Euro per month after tax with all expenses paid but that was in bosnia for 3 month contract)

so.. i think i'll go to bc but i'm just pissed that i have been wasting my time.

Anybody need a mulitlingual Hydraulic, electrcial, mechanical technician with international manufacturing experiance? No degree except the one of hard knocks.

Bob was cool, no issues, i got compensated correctly, did a few more manufacturing jobs. Then they wanted me to be a project manager every aspect of machine manufacturing and customer relations/handleing including contracts..ect.. I did this well. Made money kept customers happy

I have been working for a low wage (lower than what i should make for the job that i do) doing everything i can to advance myself in this company,

So were you properly compensated, or not ?? Have you advanced ? I'm not sure I'm reading this right, but it seems like you took an initial $ hit after being transfered and then things settled out. The plus was you didn't have to deal with the field service manager all that time but basically did the same thing ?

Ask the one you thought was your boss how long you haven't worked for him, it may be enlightening...

It's understandable that you are pissed, but you haven't told the whole story (whats here) so don't get bent yet, get answers. If you have been shat on for 5 years, well, who let themselves get shat on ?? Sounds like you have a lot of frustrations with the company (and maybe others ?) that have built up.

Technical expertise only goes so far, trust me !! BS and politics take you the rest of the way... A game I don't believe in playing. I've felt like you do now, and changing jobs was a good move for me, just do it rationally and on your own terms. Sorry if this seems harsh, but I'm more interested in saying it plainly.

Calm down, investigate and good luck. :beer:

B

f them. move on dude. missing your kids growing up and getting pooped on isn't worth it. i'd probably go to bosnia before i'd work for those jackals. good luck though. take B's advice though.. at least ask that first Q.. if/when you quit, just leave; no notice no nothing. they don't deserve you.

No worries B. i posted this cause i am pissed and just was wondering how others would feel.

3 years is how long this guy was supposedly my boss but wasn't. WTF?

what gets me the most is that somebody i trusted said they took care of me but in the end ommited some details.

My company is very interesting, 1 of 5 in the world tht does this type of work.

I am the youngest in the world that does my job (seriosly i know all of our competitors).

No i was doing a job that is actually a higher possition that what "my boss" has

Generally speaking field service manager works for project managers in alot of situations.

Corporate polotics...OMFG :oops:

I hate All the BS and politics but i deal with it, i've found that i don't need to be such a BS artist since i am actually very good at what i do (or so i thought).

Compensated.. yes and no. I should make more than i do. I know what all the field guys make cause i do budgets and proposals. At one point in time they have all worked for me. I make 5 bucks an hour less than the lowest paid one.

I accepted this in hopes of ADVANCEMENT of possition, money isn't that inportant to me

Anybody need a mulitlingual Hydraulic, electrcial, mechanical technician with international manufacturing experiance? No degree except the one of hard knocks.

Do you do windows?

J/K Sorry to hear about all the shiite, but there is a greater plan for you I'm sure. Be patient and don't let your kids lives pass you by.

Your hired! LOL

Cheap!

$40.00 per hour + parts.lol

seriously i'll call you when i've had enough

same story as all of us,, if i didn't like my job so much (excpet for the travel)

I would have thrown my laptop at them today

Edited by 87pathy

I personally would be asking alot of questions...

Polish up the resume, nothing wrong with having some options... Dont write anything or sign anything... Do you have a current contract? Does Vancouver include relocating the Family?

I have a 330 appointment everyday with my boys, even if its just 5 min to have a snack after school....

If you need to blow some steam... go for a walk, I do several times a day, I come on here and get a laugh...

Get the facts, discuss it with the wifey and make a decission from there...

I dont do loans because I like it... I do it for the schedule...

I dont do loans because I like it... I do it for the schedule...

Thats a tough call. I admire you for your commitment.

If i want to travel i could have a new job tomarrow.

Spain, Peru, Germany, Austrailia, China..ect Those machines on the linky.. have over 10,000 parts and i can tell you where every one goes and what it does

Oh I'm going to be asking questions when i get back to seattle!

This is my only relief at night, at this moment i'm sitting in a chair in a hotel in ohio watching Family guy.

wow. that sux. i know how you feel....... but i've never had to deal with the BS of travel.

don't let your family grow up without you, or away from you.

I would find out exactly who you really do work for.. who regulates your pay, who signs your hrs etc....

as above.. polish up on the resume.... and get looking. you may not find exactly what you're doing now but if it's less travel/stress (almost) free.. then take it.

What happens if you DON'T go to BC? then what? and why do you get paid LESS than guys who don't know half the stuff you do??? that's what i'd be askin...

everything will work out in the end ... but don't continue to bend over.. i did for 3 yrs and one day it dawned on me.... i can do the feck you thing too P...

wow I would be kinda p!ssed as well. I havent really been in the working game for very long but my past 2 jobs I left because I didnt get any advancements, even though I knew everything there was to know and then they go and hire someone underqualified :furious:

heres what you do make me a name tag with your name on it and ill do all the traveling for you. you get more time with the family and I get to see the world. ;) think about it. you can even keep the money.

sounds like you need a change cuz start looking eleswhere and prepare yourself for it...Grin and bear it for now then make the change just dont cut your nose off to spite your face. I am sure all of this travel has put a strain on your family......just make sure you do what amkes you happy cause at the end of the day thats all you got.

Um, did you have to deal with the guy you don't like in those three years or what? What's changed, is he suddenly gonna make decisions as your boss or something?

No i didn't really have to deal with him. Now he gets to tell me what to do.

yes make decesions as my boss. Not happy about it

sounds like you need a change cuz start looking eleswhere and prepare yourself for it...Grin and bear it for now then make the change just dont cut your nose off to spite your face. I am sure all of this travel has put a strain on your family......just make sure you do what amkes you happy cause at the end of the day thats all you got.

yep, thats exactly what my plan is.

I've been actually looking around for a while. Here are the problems that i have.

work as a mechanic (no issue for me as i enjoy it) = over qualified.

Work as a supervisor / Manger = No degree.

Been told this by at least 6 companies.

Your gonna say, oh you can find something.. yes i can but i have a morgage and bills to pay, i can take a pay cut but not too much.. i have to find somthing as to not interfere with the financial stability i have been working toward for the last 10 years.

I'm somewhat over it.. I'm pissed but WTF do you do?

Oh ya, he already tried to pull @!*% today! Can you believe it :oops:

yep, thats exactly what my plan is.

I've been actually looking around for a while. Here are the problems that i have.

work as a mechanic (no issue for me as i enjoy it) = over qualified.

Work as a supervisor / Manger = No degree.

Been told this by at least 6 companies.

Your gonna say, oh you can find something.. yes i can but i have a morgage and bills to pay, i can take a pay cut but not too much.. i have to find somthing as to not interfere with the financial stability i have been working toward for the last 10 years.

I'm somewhat over it.. I'm pissed but WTF do you do?

Oh ya, he already tried to pull @!*% today! Can you believe it :oops:

I totally understand I changed jobs AND careers midstreem so I do understand but you cant put a price on your sanity either you have a good support system obviously. hang in there