They said it couldn't be done... TJM Bumper

Pezzy

99.5 Pathy, a half a year too young for the TJM T15 Bumper...

One determined pathy owner, with a winning ebay listing (sorry vengeful)

TJM said it wont work, Nissan dealer said it wouldnt work

ok, then explain this pic:

pathytjm.jpg

The only thing that caused trouble was the tab on the top bar for an antenna, it sticks in where the hood sticks out. Nuthin a grinder cant fix!

Install pics to follow :)

(thanks to XPLORx4 for your help) B)

Edited by Pezzy

Awesome Pezzy! Way to "pioneer" and push the envelope. It looks like your grille blocks access to the hole where the winch lever sticks out. Can you take a picture of the top of the bumper where your grille protrudes?

Awesome Pezzy! Way to "pioneer" and push the envelope. It looks like your grille blocks access to the hole where the winch lever sticks out. Can you take a picture of the top of the bumper where your grille protrudes?

yeah, it covers about half of that hole...

you should still be able to get to the lever, but it wont likely be fun...

right now I dont mind, a winch is a LOOONNNNNGGG way off for me. and the cover for that hole was missing, so I dont mind it gone with the hole half covered.

The bumper was more of a truck protection thing than a winch thing. The stock one is too nice to be rubbing up against rocks...

I think I remember you saying something about your trucks lift being a "long way off" too :-)

hahaha... it's funny, cuz it's true B)

Whats the green shackle for?

I leave it there, as it's easier to attach a bigger shackle to that one than the tow hook/loop/tab (what ever you call it) to yank me out when I am stuck... although since it's been on, I havent needed it! That day will come soon enough I am sure!

Pezzy,

I'm glad that someone else decided to try, and it ended up working. If it fits your 99.5, then it should fit my 2000, correct? I think this route may be easier than the shrockworks, and cheaper as well. Was everything else totally bolt on, or did anything need to be modified? I'd enjoy some pictures from other angles, and even where it bolts on if you have a chance. So you got the bumper used I take it, and if you don't mind, how much did you pick it up for? Thanks a bunch!

Tyler

Pezzy,

I'm glad that someone else decided to try, and it ended up working. If it fits your 99.5, then it should fit my 2000, correct? I think this route may be easier than the shrockworks, and cheaper as well. Was everything else totally bolt on, or did anything need to be modified? I'd enjoy some pictures from other angles, and even where it bolts on if you have a chance. So you got the bumper used I take it, and if you don't mind, how much did you pick it up for? Thanks a bunch!

Tyler

The only problem we had fitting it - was the antenna mount tab, everything else bolted on easy! I do have pics of the install, I just need 40 mins of peace for myself to get them up on our site... :)

I was lucky enough to pick up the bumper on ebay (or vengeful might say I stole it... hehe) for $400 US (plus shipping) which was an awesome price. 4x4 connection has them for Regular price: $1,074.95, Sale price: $884.68 right now, but its only the crazy (IMO) chrome one they have...

As I said in the other thread, TJM has stopped producing this bumper, and I guess all the stores have left are the bling version... When we called TJM about some parts for it - they had said the have only had ONE enquiry about the bumper in the last year, so no wonder they ditched it. :(

Pezzy, How hard do you think it would be to go the other way? You put a bumper for a 96-99 on a 99.5+. I have a 97, and I'm looking at the ARB for the 99.5+. Do you think I can do this? How hard was your alterations?

My guess (and only a guess) is that if it bolts on the same way as the TJM, it "should" fit... We had only the one alteration, as the hood on the 99.5+ comes out more than the 96-99... Although I have seen the ARB for the pathy in person, I didnt really look at it so I can't comment for sure as to how it would fit.

Edited by Pezzy

• 1 year later...

Damn that looks good. Are the signals on a pigtail connector that plugs directly into your harness (cutting free?). Now that I know this would have fit my 02', I'm a little sad I bought the ARB... Though the ARB is a fantastic bumper itself.

How much does it weigh?

Damn that looks good. Are the signals on a pigtail connector that plugs directly into your harness (cutting free?). Now that I know this would have fit my 02', I'm a little sad I bought the ARB... Though the ARB is a fantastic bumper itself.

How much does it weigh?

Vengeful had to rewire his, as the plugs didnt match up -- the older R50's need them as signals...

I could have made mine running lights or signals... to make them signals - I had to splice mine into the side markers.

Well, the ARB is a nice bumper, and I wouldnt regret buying it if I were you-- as they dont make the TJM anymore... both my bumper & Vengeful's were lucky finds.

Not sure of the weight on the TJM... maybe 100 lbs??

• 1 year later...