Finally got my 33's!!!

mtnnate

Hey, I've got an idea for your snorkle. It's a trick we used when I was an electrician for making offset bends in 4" PVC conduit.

First figure out the angles of the bends you need to match the angle of the A pillar on your windshield (One of those old time folding rulers are real handy for that). Then lay that pattern out on a sheet of plywood using sections of 2x4 for the borders. Heat the PVC up as evenly as you can at the bends (We had some some cool toaster-like things made to do just that, but a torch and some time would probably work) and lay it in the form being careful not to stretch or flatten the pipe too much. Once you have the bend where you need it, cool the pipe down with wet rags.

Hope this helps.

So far, I've had the front sway bar disconnected and the only rubbing was on the front plastic shield thingy. I tried my hardest to find all of the faults I could with it out here in the Low Coutry swamps. I can't turn full so that's why I want different wheels. I'm sure that 15X8" wheels will rub the fenders a little though.

Jjbigshoe, Cool idea on the snorkel. I really wanted to do away with any elbows if possible. I'm going to play with some pipe and see what I can do. BTW, I've gained 0.2 miles per gallon by adding that snorkel- That's gotta' mean something!

• 3 weeks later...
No, like 88 says, 3+3 = 33. And you're gonna have to sawzall the hell out of your fenders to get them to fit.

What's with everyone and 33s? 31s aren't exactly puny, y'kno. :D

I think it's to make up for the puny horsepower :P

I have 31's on mine with the 3" body lift and 15x10 wheels. Just curios if it's the width or the height of the tires that cause the problems.

Edited by ToddtheRobot

Nice set up mtnnate !!

I'm with statikuz about the 31" tires though... 33", ohhh, 1" more clearance 20% less milage+steering linkage issues. It's cool to pump up a dedicated rig for fun but a lot of us dont have that lux. Dont get me wrong on this, I think its great to max out a truck if you use it !!

31" with T-bars cranked and JGC springs in the rear=my winter/reliable daily driver and it's very capable.

Just a side note. I was talking to the owner of a 80's yota turbo PU that was lifted, chopped and frankensteined (definitely an offroad special). He asked me what I had and I pointed out my Pathfinder (which is nothing special) and his reply was "Pathfinder ? Shet, those things go d@mn near anywhere !!" I don't think he was trying to make me feel good either....

Bernard

I say we write Nissan & make them retro fit our older Pathy's with fenders that have larger wheel wells ~ quite obviously a factory design flaw... :P

Nothing a bored guy with some snips and basic tools, as well as a low G.A.S. factor (Give A Sh!t factor) can't resolve on a lazy Saturday afternoon. Ummm, and some lift... and some more lift.... and a B.F.H.

Well. I HAD to get wheels too. Don't mount 33's with those skinny wheels. The ride was really swishy and all of the footprint would'nt touch down.

For all of you 31" tire lovers out there: Meet me in Moab and I'll PROVE to you why you need more lift and larger tires. I'll be there the first week in May.

Anyways, you really do have to trim the front fenders no matter what unless you're running a really deep backspacing. Here's pics:

post-6-1110154453.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Guest biggrey
So far, I've had the front sway bar disconnected and the only rubbing was on the front plastic shield thingy. I tried my hardest to find all of the faults I could with it out here in the Low Coutry swamps. I can't turn full so that's why I want different wheels. I'm sure that 15X8" wheels will rub the fenders a little though.

Jjbigshoe, Cool idea on the snorkel. I really wanted to do away with any elbows if possible. I'm going to play with some pipe and see what I can do. BTW, I've gained 0.2 miles per gallon by adding that snorkel- That's gotta' mean something!

I've had the front sway bar disconnected

becareful when you go wheelin with the sway bar disconnected, with independent suspension on pathfinders a sway bar disconnect causes body roll (in a bad way) especially when climbing hills anything but straight.

so be careful