95 pathfinder LE 3.0 v6

95pathyLE

my 89'(vg30i) tops out @ about 97mph but it takes forever to get from 85 to 97 on a flat. I assume your 95 (vg30e) can do @ least as well being that that your MPFI provides 10 hp inrease in top end over my TBI.

I've gotten mine to 100 but I sprouted a few grey hairs when I did. She was a bit loose and all I could think of was my friend who rolled their durango trying to see how fast they could go.

not race my truck? all that means is now i know how to race. first person is my friend in his f-150 =]

Let's put it this way, at least go someplace deserted to do it so when your tire that isn't made to take the speed blows out and you flip 6 times and end up in the ditch; you are the only one you hurt.

Race cars have roll cages in them because they have tires made to take the speed and still blow out on them, and you can't control the vehicle at that speed with a blown tire. When they roll that bar and all the other restraint systems keep the driver safe, your little shoulder/lap belt (though the DOT says otherwise) won't do squat for you.

Edited by GrimGreg

Lower River Road here in Vancouver (long straight away where people used to race their muscle cars back in the old days) I got my '87 up to 93...but it took FOREVER and used a sh!t ton of gas

I can verify 100% that there is NO top speed governer. I have dumped the ECU ROM and played with it. The cell for the speed limit is set to FF which is as high as an unsigned bit of that size gets. Rev limit is set at 6250rpm. I have played with that as well and bumped mine up to 7250.

hope this helps,

indigent.

haha damn is it really that un stable going that fast? i mean its a straight road .

You talking about a truck, not just a truck but a 4x4.. not only that but a truck based SUV 4x4 with a high center of gravity that WILL sway if you move to much at speed.. try it at a lower number (say 50mph) and then consider how much that movement will be amplified at 80, 90, 100 or higher!

Then consider the tire issued GrimGreg brought up, the tires on your Pathfinder (assuming the are appropriate for your truck) were not designed to be used to race at high speeds with.

Trying to race an F150 (2wd I am guessing?) with a Pathfinder is IMO, stupid. The F150 is going to beat you... If it's a v6 model and/or 4x4 then the story might be different, but still not likely. There is no point in it either way.

But if you still feel that you must do such an idiotic thing, take the advice above and do it where NOBODY, other than you and the other driver else can be hurt. That way if something does happen, there is nobody, anybody needs to feel sorry for!

I must say @ least in my case, when I did my reckles experamentation (on a barren road) I discovered that my brakes were not sufficent to slow me down very much untill I got below 80 I had to rely on smooth downshifting and engine braking to slow me down enough to feel like my brakes were actually helping.

maybe 300+lbs of rubber, auluminum and driveline components rotating @ over 90mph is more than the stock brakes were designed to handle let alone the additional inertia of the 3500lb vehicle sitting on top of that.

I didn't get any shakes or wobbles, but knowing my brakes don't seem to work to well @ high speeds has been enough to keep me from doing that again for now.

Lower River Road here in Vancouver (long straight away where people used to race their muscle cars back in the old days) I got my '87 up to 93...but it took FOREVER and used a sh!t ton of gas

After the new cat, temp sensor, tires, and NGK Iridiums, got it to 103 yesterday.

It was awfly wafty-whooshy