NBC news

unccpathfinder

I was watching the nightly news on NBC and they were showing the national avg of gas price increase and i believe it was a pathy pulling up to the pump...it was a computer graphic and u could only see the front fender and rear quarter panel...any1 else see it?

I was watching the nightly news on NBC and they were showing the national avg of gas price increase and i believe it was a pathy pulling up to the pump...it was a computer graphic and u could only see the front fender and rear quarter panel...any1 else see it?

Well I have a TV, and I watch it too and yes, I believe your right.

They've used the same graphic on the Today Show too.

Funny, I can think of a few other SUV's that would be a little more appropriate for today's consumer, and being a gas guzzler as well (think, the new Suburban, Escalade...oops! GM products! :X )

There are very few people, and I mean VERY few people who actually need one of these vehicles for it's intended purpose, and not simply for just a status symbol.

Then again, and Enzo Ferrari isn't any better and that too is a status symbol :blink:

(think, the new Suburban, Escalade...oops!  GM products! :X )

yup, its all GMs fault, now do what we Americans do best and blame somebody else, GM in this case

Edited by FLApathy

do what we Americans do best and blame somebody else, GM in this case

Yes, I totally blame GM for making poor quality pieces of crap, not using their resources to pioneer the hybrid/alternative fuel automotive future that is required, rather than promoting and supplying the afore mentioned monstrosities.

Had they made a good, eco friendly vehicle rather than contest legislation that required them to do so by certain increments, I'd probably buy one... :shrug:

Perhaps this could be done by having a management structure that doesn't consume 1/2 the profits ? :P

Nahhh... I just blame them because !!

B

Don't have a TV here either...only watch movies via my laptop.

Gas is $3.66 here...

:o @ the gas prices!!!! bet you'll be glad to get back on the mainland soon!

and i am with DJD on the tv thing.. spet i watch my movies on my 17" flatscreen monitor

Yes, I totally blame GM for making poor quality pieces of crap, not using their resources to pioneer the hybrid/alternative fuel automotive future that is required, rather than promoting and supplying the afore mentioned monstrosities.

Had they made a good, eco friendly vehicle rather than contest legislation that required them to do so by certain increments, I'd probably buy one...  :shrug:

Perhaps this could be done by having a management structure that doesn't consume 1/2 the profits ?  :P 

B

model_aveo5.jpg

and for the new 900s that are still coming out, there hybrid system was developed by GM, Diamler, and BMW and they aslo got the best drag rating out of all the full size suvs

and this list clearly shows that GM is to blame for global warming

list

Edited by FLApathy

I'm not blaming anyone for making gas-sucking vehicles. I'm blaming Americans for BUYING them... Unless we all own a Prius or something along those lines we have no right to point a finger.

Having a Pathy that gets 15-16 MAYBE 17 mpg around the city here certainly doesn't exonerate me from depending on the gas pump :X

Edited by navygz19

Had they made a good, eco friendly vehicle rather than contest legislation that required them to do so by certain increments, I'd probably buy one... :shrug:

Perhaps this could be done by having a management structure that doesn't consume 1/2 the profits ? :P

B

pieces of crap eh? got 275000 miles on my 90 chevy 2500 hd with 4.10 and a sm 465 granny gear and i still haul 4000 pounds in the bed all week long and pull 10000 pounds on a trailer, show me where i'm wrong but i don't think the foriegn pickup market can compete. oh yeah it gets 10 mpg empty at 6500 lbs and it gets 10 mpg over the scales at 18000 pounds.

pieces of crap eh?  got 275000 miles on my 90 chevy 2500 hd with 4.10 and a sm 465 granny gear and i still haul 4000 pounds in the bed all week long and pull 10000 pounds on a trailer, show me where i'm wrong but i don't think the foriegn pickup market can compete.  oh yeah it gets 10 mpg empty at 6500 lbs and it gets 10 mpg over the scales at 18000 pounds.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Precise may be referring to the newer GM mentality...not the 16 y.o. one. I think the point of his argument was that GM has not used their resources and money in a manner that is best for our future.

Are you saying your truck can get 10 mpg in a boastful manner?

Edited by navygz19

Thanks navy, yes, thats pretty much what I meant.... I think 513 is saying that his old truck got 10 miles to the gallon regardless of whether it was fully loaded or dropped off a cliff... :D

my 90 chevy 2500 hd

True, GM and Ford have held the heavy pickup/work truck category forever, the japanese don't have anything that came close until maybe recently. Yes, some of these trucks are fairly well made (and expensive), as they have to be to last. But then, thats about all that has kept the american car companies alive for a while. I believe more than 50% of Fords sales was the F series... Too bad so many peiople use them as commuters/grocery getters !!

Oldsmobuick, now THERE was a car !!! *sigh* :D

B

68 dodge superbee 440 6-pack, sm 420, 4.10 narrowed d-60 posi. now there is an auto, as for the newer gm mentality i guess i'll have to wait 10 years then as the newest chevy i own is a 96 2500 hd and it only has 175,000 miles but it has 3.73s and an auto so it gets 14 mpg empty and 9 towing. but i'd say it'll be a while before i can upgrade and when i do it's gonna be a dodge 3500 cummins-5spd as i drove both fords and chevs also at my old job and they didn't have the power of the dodge, especially uphill.