beggining to wonder

packie88

so my pathfinder decidided to eat my AC codenser belt last night. i just cut it off and am going to get another one some tiem soon. no lue how to install it but thats a different topic. Im just begginging to wonder if the amount of work im trying to get this car to be off road capable but its just fighting me back with all the little things i end up having to fix. im debating on whether to sell it or not. so yeah....

-packie

^^^what he said

Im just begginging to wonder if the amount of work im trying to get this car to be off road capable but its just fighting me back with all the little things i end up having to fix.

Do you mean off-road capable as in all-time off-road, or do you mean on and off road capable?

You may have to compromise on how off-road capable you want it and drive it daily. This would be the case with any 4x4. Again I say keep it!

Dude I put my AC belt back on in about 30 minutes thats counting teardown and reinstall of the tensioner.

It's an easy fix and is no way an indication that your truck is beyond repair.

Keep it!

And for an easy fix (if it's primarily an off-road vehicle) don't put the belt back on and save front-end weight.

The tensioner on your model is dead center at the top of the engine. It has a set screw in the top of it, and right now it has no other belts on it.

It's always cheaper to fix a vehicle!

Edited by cdhicks99

Packie,

If you would like.. Call me Ill walk you through it... Take about 10 to 20 min...

You may want to replace the other belts while we are in there too....

Whats funny is shortly after I bought my 95 it tossed the ac belt... I just had not fixed it yet... on my way to get the belt I stopped for some Gas and ran into the guy I bought it from... His new Y ukon GT (had to do that), decided that it needed a jump start.... Ironic I used his old Pathy to start his new Y ukon GT:laugh: :lol::laugh:

Dam Filters...

Edited by Casey.T

Don't worry, I think there are a lot of us out there who seem to be fixing our pathy's all the time. I feel like it's my full time job :wacko:

I thoought about selling mine about 2 weeks ago, and after a lot of thought I decided that i don't need payments, and my insurance is only 70 bucks a month, so I kept it. I think that if i want to stop fixing it, i should stop wheelin it.......

but that's jus tthe stupidest thing i've ever come up with :crazy: