The new CAR

rmd0311

Nice :takebow: We don't get those here in the UK. Nissan has given up trying to sell large high end cars here. They just don't have the image here to compete with Lexus, BMW, Mercedes and Audi. Shame as I bet those Maximas are real nice cars.

-Ed

That's a hell of a nice car. My favorite Maxima color too! Now you can look at all of the mods, like timing advance to 17 degrees, new NGK plugs make a difference, Ghetto Airbox mod, cat delete.

Maxima.org is okay, a lot of ricers but it's a big forums. You do have to be a Contributing Member to search, however.

We just sold our 2001 Sterling Mist GXE for $10,200.

We just sold our 2001 Sterling Mist GXE for $10,200.

I actually paid 11500 and it has 50k miles. It is fully loaded:

Leather, Sunroof, Climate Control, Bose, Heated Seats, heated Steering Wheel, 17" RIMS, Power Seats and many many more. I actually like it alot.

I actually became a member of Maxima.org and there's also a nycmaxima.org.

I wound up paying the donating member thing to be able to search. I need to find out as much as possible.

I'm actually changing the brakes and rotors tomorrow, tranny gear fluid and oil... That should be my entire day right there.

Great choice on the new car. I love my 2000 Max. I've been a member on maxima.org for almost 5 years now, don't visit all that often anymore since it seems to have gone downhill over the past couple years.

One of the more common issues to look for is the ignition coils, check the ones on the car and see if they have silver dots on them, this means they are the updated coils so you shouldn't have any problems. You will be glad you didn't get an auto too, mine has sucked since day 1 and its been serviced a couple times with little change in its performance.

Anyways, good luck with the car, here's a recent picture of mine:

IMG_1834.jpg

That is a hot pic 01pathyse... love those rims.

I will check on the coils as soon as I get home tonight.

Ah man navy.., this thing has some definite kick to it. Blows my old 4 knocker accord out the water in performance and handling.

That's the same one my brother in law used to have (well, a 96, 2001 and then an 03) His favorite was the 01 too...seemed to be a much better build quality than 02-03 (though, the extra 18 h.p. was nice)

Those things kick nicely :P Glad you got a stick (isn't an auto against the law?!? ;) )

How's the torque steer on it? I remember it being pretty hairy, especially on rainy roads...

EDIT-More (interior) pics -bounce- -bounce-

Edited by navygz19

I never cared for the rear beam axle in the Maxima...a larger rear sway bar helps handling, but enables a bit more oversteer. Not fun in a FWD car.

We never had a problem with ours, what a great car. Ugly, but a great car that with a few mods really surprised people!

Torque steer in those things is a real bitch. I also wore out the performance tires in about 8k miles!