Fathers Day... what'd ya get?

k9sar

Well... Father's Day is over and I'm sure many of us are still trying to decide where to hide (... err...ummm... display) our gifts. I made out well this year for a change. Just wondering what other people ended up with.

I was able to do whatever I wanted for the day but here's the key things I received

1. able to sleep in until 8am :bed:

2. 9 year old son treated me to a movie (Cars... good movie! :cool2: )

3. big dinner, steaks on the grill, fresh baked bread, etc. :beer:

4. presents: tools and explosives. (what more could I ask for?) :aok:

i think we had similar weekends.

saturday was 'boys day.' haircuts, happy meals, cars movie, naps!

sunday was swimming in the inflatable pool, steaks, :beer: , family.

presents - tools that i already had (nice try wifey :rolleyes: ) and a lawn tool hanging rack.

cant ask for much more! :D

lmao...

I got to sleep in.... No Breakfast in bed, last time I wore it.

I got Underworld Evolutions DVD sly

A Football??? oh wait, Ginger Ate Andrews old one.

A VolleyBall Net and Ball??? ahhh, 17 year old is coming home for the summer.

Nice T-Bones, Ceasar Salad, Home made Rolls, Spicy Rice....

New Case of Mikes -alcohol-

We (my sister and I) got Dad a $50 gift certificate to a new resteraunt in town. Well that is to say we would have got him a gift certificate had the restaraunt been open when we went to buy it.

So he got $50 in cash... :rolleyes:

Couple of custom made cards from my boy's (they are almost 9). Cards were a perfect gift... I could not ask for more :)

Also took a trip to see my dad. Gave him a card and a cell phone (which I added to my account) :aok:

Felt it was necessary since he in his 70's and will not keep a landline :shrug:

Added bonus is that now he will have no trouble keeping in contact with my brothers and I.... and his siblings. (one of my aunts tracked me down through NPORA a few months ago)

BTW, the Pathy gave no trouble at all during the trip :)

My fathers day was spend alot working on the whole t-belt ordeal but i also got alot of stuff my parents were up here so dad got me: 1/2 electric impact gun, new vice grips, channel locks, strap wrench, nice set of deep impact sockets, a three jay puller, new jumper cables, spark plugs and he took me the wifey and little sidney out to eat at red lobster. my wife got me a sweet headlamp for camping (mine was ancient and dim) a sweet light for the coleman camping stove, some clothes and a camel-pack. and mom paid off one of my credit cards!!! so yeah i had a kick ass fathers day. :takebow:

My fathers day was spend alot working on the whole t-belt ordeal but i also got alot of stuff my parents were up here so dad got me: 1/2 electric impact gun, new vice grips, channel locks, strap wrench, nice set of deep impact sockets, a three jay puller, new jumper cables, spark plugs and he took me the wifey and little sidney out to eat at red lobster. my wife got me a sweet headlamp for camping (mine was ancient and dim) a sweet light for the coleman camping stove, some clothes and a camel-pack. and mom paid off one of my credit cards!!! so yeah i had a kick ass fathers day. :takebow:

:contract: sorry i slipped with the whole kick a$$ thing i just got excited.

Breakfast served. Lots of fishing lures and 1 X-box and 1 ps2 game. A fishing chair that is a backpack which comes with it's own footstol :cool2: and a few more things. Then took the kids to the Red River Ex (Fair) for the rest of the day.

It was a great day :aok: I didn't get sick on the rides :D

slep in till 7:30.. had a hot one, got cards from the kids.. a BJ from the missus. then went to the garage and worked hard on the pathy till around 1, then started the BBQ, got 2 racks of ribs slow cooking. Went back to work on the pathy.. dropped a radius arm (non stock pathy part) on my foot and broke 2 toes... so i sat in the yard the rest of the day.

i don't recomend dropping a 40 lb piece of steel on your foot. hurts like hell. but i got a reprieve from work on monday!

WAO., The kids took me to a lake. BBQ, followed by going to a friends house who has a pool. Sat in the pool and drank until I was dragged out.

Also., did get to sleep in till like 8AM.

Wife still nagged, kids still got on my nerves::: But a good day overall.