Sold the my 01 Pathfinder

rmd0311

I have sold my 2001 Nissan Pathfinder for 12k. Mind you I paid $11800. So hurray hurray for the Pathy.

The plan is to get a daily driver and then get a WD21 - 5spd for fun.

If anyone is interested --- nyc called dibbs... But on the rare case he falls through I just got in the mail yesterday the front skid plate from BlackPanther. I'm sure nyc will come thru though.

Again, just in case someone is wondering. I had her for six months, gas was murder specially since I do mostly short trips and the autotragic was getting on my nerves (this was my first Automatic car). I do look forward to buying another Pathy and will stay in the forum since I love the combos in this forum. Also don't want to lose touch since I will be buying the wd21.

Again, thanks for all of your help. Only thing that hurts is having gone with the stainless steel for the exhaust. Should have done aluminium :( ...

Oh well., it's done....

Oh yeah.. Thinking maybe a Maxima SE or something along those lines.

Edited by rmd0311

My folks have a V6 Maxima with slush box... It can easily get over 30 mpg IF you keep your foot out of it. But therein is the challenge...

Highway mpg is more a factor of driving style, aerodynamics, and engine/drivetrain efficiency than displacement.

In town mpg is affected by driving style, weight, and then engine/drivetrain efficiency.

In both cases, the driving style is the biggy!

Or if MPG is more in mind Sentra V-Spec :cool2:

I differ on that. I sold my '02 for the Pathy because it was the biggest pile of crap I had ever purchased that wore a Nissan badge.

As much as I would hate to say it, I would recommend an older Civic SI...160 h.p. and 8K RPM redline. Think 96-99. Lot's of fun to drive and those VTEC engines are bullettproof. Plus, I can't imagne a 1.6 liter is all that thirsty. And most are 5-spd's as well.

Good Edmunds review/stats Here

Just my .02 :aok:

Edited by navygz19

My folks have a V6 Maxima with slush box... It can easily get over 30 mpg IF you keep your foot out of it. But therein is the challenge...

Looking at a 01 Maxima 5spd... EPA Rated 22city/28hwy. I have spoken to many people that have it and they can clear 30 highway with a light foot. Normally 27-28. City normally 23-24. MPG's is important but I also need comfort, good crash test ratings and fun to drive.

I must have driven 8-9 in the last two days. I hate dealers... Talking to a guy in MA (about 110 miles away) that has the 01 with 50k miles and original owner. Fully loaded Leather, 5spd, Traction COntrol, 17" Alloy's, Moonroof...

Here is a link to the car:::

01 Maxima - 5spd - 50k

We are at 12k right now. Trying to bring it down to 11... Cash talks so hopefully he will budge... Here is a bigger picture:::

maxima1.jpg

Edited by rmd0311

Looking at a 01 Maxima 5spd... EPA Rated 22city/28hwy. I have spoken to many people that have it and they can clear 30 highway with a light foot. Normally 27-28. City normally 23-24.

I must have driven 8-9 in the last two days. I hate dealers... Talking to a guy in MA (about 110 miles away) that has the 01 with 50k miles and original owner. Fully loaded Leather, 5spd, Traction COntrol, 17" Alloy's, Moonroof...

Here is a link to the car:::

01 Maxima - 5spd - 50k

We are at 12k right now. Trying to bring it down to 11... Cash talks so hopefully he will budge...

sounds like a good deal and a nice car but i think you're dreaming on the mgs..

We just sold our 2001 Maxima GXE auto with 72k miles for $10,200. I couldn't believe it went for that much!

Whenever I drove it I probably got 12 MPG. But ours was modded, with Y-pipe, intake, timing advance to 17 degrees. They HAUL! It's a possible replacement for my Poopfinder too.

The rear suspension design sucks, it's a beam axle. The 2002 Xenons are nice, but get stolen a lot.

I'd consider it, but you really should look into BMWs. Way more fun.