Cup Holders

John Boy

WheelmanLS is the only one I know of that has posted a thread on cup holders...clicky

Thanks! :beer: I did see that on my first approach of a search, it was the only one an originated 2 years ago so I thought it would be safe to get another cup holder thread going, but I guess not. :wacko:

hehe, i got told to go do a search last night in the poho thread of all places....

Searching can be a fun thing... Last night when the site was uber slow it was not fun

1 Open center console, 2 move crap in there to the back, 3 put soda in! In the 88 I can fit two plastic pepsi bottles in there if I take all the crap I have in there out. Otherwise all the crap keeps one bottle from sliding around. It's just the right size so bottles won't slide from side to side! :aok:

Yeah there are several ideas of what can be done around here... I posted a pic of mine somewhere (guess not in that thread) I can get another if you like.. but it was along the same thinking as Simon's

Oh and actually it was "Pathmodifier" who started that thread ;)

I was thinking about drilling with a 3'' hole saw bit on the driver's side of the emergency brake ( not underneath brake) but where there is that semi level non used area. Then take one of those foam like can holders ( great for condensation) and trim to fit the depth and slip it in the hole. I wonder if there is wires directly under that piece of plastic. :confused: I don't why they didn't utilize that area for a cup holder in the first place.

Here's How mine's set up. I just used some 10gauge steel plate. I cut it to the shape I wanted then put a 90deg. bend in it and drilled a few holes. It doesn't get in the passengers way at all. I bought that at Wal-Mart and now I'm thinking of replacing that with the double cup holder they sell. I like these because you can adjust it for whatever size cup/can you have and it grips it tight enough to run the trails and not have to worry about losing you drink on a steep hill. I took that pic in the dark, sorry for it being so blurry.

DSCF0128.jpg

Yeah I have problems with my cupholders too; For one thing you can't put two cans in them. One is made mainly for larger size cups, the other is made for the cans. And ther other problem is that I'm a bit shorter than the average person so my seat is further forward than most. So it can make it a bit harder to reach the cups at times lol.

I like Trail's idea though, are there any other places you can put in a cup holder like that?

Go to Wal-Mart and get the Spillmaster two cup cupholder...it fits nicely between the tray underneath the emergency brake, and the back of the shifter trim...in that nice little 2" space there....that is, if you have a manual tranny of course. I don't know how it works with the auto if you have one. It was about 5 bucks if I remember correctly. My center console lid flip down cupholders are seemingly the most useless invention ever (unless you count that hat with the cupholders built into it and the straw that goes down to your mouth ;) )

I got one from a garage sale taht clips into the glovebox.....works great for me but the minute I get an average sized passenger in there it gets in the way

there really is now winning with the cupholder situation in a pathfinder unless yoou find the ashtray cupholder somewhere in the pits of despair

unless yoou find the ashtray cupholder somewhere in the pits of despair

Dealers... at least one of my local dealers can get them. They even had some in stock last time I was there. $20 iirc

1 Open center console, 2 move crap in there to the back, 3 put soda in! In the 88 I can fit two plastic pepsi bottles in there if I take all the crap I have in there out. Otherwise all the crap keeps one bottle from sliding around. It's just the right size so bottles won't slide from side to side! :aok:

I use the crap in mine to keep the cans from tipping over :P

Ulitimate Solution!!!!

Buy beverages that you can screw the top back on.... then no worries of spilling the beverage on a bump.

LMAO... I was reminded of this last night....

3 years ago I was out hunting with my friend Adam... we were cruising along and saw some deer, and we bailed out of his rig to get a better look. He takes off going cross county and I went back to drive the truck around.... in doing so I forgot to grab my pepsi can... yep spilled 3/4 of it in to the defog vent on the dash...

New Truck Rule.... Only bring beverage containers that can be re-sealed...

Guest deadrock

I bought a a double cup holder from walmart which was intended to wedge between the seats . It had a v shape to the bottom and I cut it off flush with the bottom of the cup holders , so I only had the two cup holders and bent a thin piece about 3 inches up on one side and the width of the cup holder on the other . Basically I had a right angle piece of aluminum . I slipped the 3 inch piece under the side of the console and screwed the other half to the base of the cup holder . I think i had to wedge something under it to stabilize it but you could probably just use a thicker piece of metal. It works great , it is on the passenger side but it really is nt to far of a reach. good luck

Oh boy! Ummm the most recent thread on cup holders is 2 years old.

Yep... and that new cup holder I've posted there is now old and broken :lol:

I need a new one...

I bought a handy little thing from Wal-mart...It's a rack that goes on the wall to hold an ironing board and cans of starch...It was cheap, and metal (not very good metal), and could be easily cut apart and bent to create a nice little cupholder between the radio surround and the shift boot. I'm not sure if it would be possible on 4wd models though...but I got a classy end result and I didn't have to drill any holes!

Someday I'll take a picture