New from NY NY

John Boy

As they said clean and shiney! A little TOO clean and shiney, go get some mud on it! :D

Make sure to check for rust on the frame, listen for exhaust ticking at start up, and check the trans fluid, one of the top causes for pre-mature pathfinder death is tranny destruction. If you do get it install an external transmission cooler ASAP. Make sure to bypass the stock cooler when you do as that is the cause of transmission death. :aok:

There was a problem with the exhaust manifold studs on all 87-95 pathfinders. They break and cause the exhaust manifolds to leak when they're cold, it's a ticking noise. All explained here: http://www.nissanpathfinders.com/manifold.htm :aok:

Forgot to mention if you do have to replace them make sure to have them replaced with revised 300zx studs, the dealer will know what you're talking about (or at least they SHOULD know what you're asking for ;) )

Edited by SC88Pathy

There was a problem with the exhaust manifold studs on all 87-95 pathfinders. They break and cause the exhaust manifolds to leak when they're cold, it's a ticking noise. All explained here: http://www.nissanpathfinders.com/manifold.htm :aok:

Forgot to mention if you do have to replace them make sure to have them replaced with revised 300zx studs, the dealer will know what you're talking about (or at least they SHOULD know what you're asking for ;) )

Hey thanks that's something to look into and come to think about it I thought I heard a little clicking when I was first driving it. Do you think putting the headers on is a better idea as it's out of warranty?

Extra horsepower never hurts! :D

Only problem is that the Thorley headers are expensive, expect to pay between $300 to $400 just for the headers, and then even more for instalation, especially if you have broken studs which can be a PITA to get out.

That ticking could also be something worse...regardless, $2000 isn't a lot of money for a clean 4x4. Typically before you buy it you get it checked out.

If the manifolds are bad, def. get 300ZX studs and Thorley headers. You won't be disappointed. Check for rust on the frame, and bypass the tranny cooler ASAP.

Oh yeah, WELCOME! B)

I'm like a little kid with a new toy am loving this thing. I discovered that none of the manifold studs are broken. (yet) ! The only thing that concerns me is it shifts kinda hard when cold. Not real hard but it's not overly smooth. I don't know if this is normal for pathfinders or what? But other then that it solid.

NOT HAPPY! A/C will not hold a charge and compressor not kicking over at all. Dam!

I get it to 35psi and then watch the gauge drop to 0psi :furious:

Edited by John Boy