New From Texas...

joe_s2k

Hello ya'll! (I had to get the Texas slang in real quick)

I just placed an order for an '06 Pathfinder a few weeks ago and have about 4-6 long weeks left before it arrives. I bought it based on our experience with our nearly 3 year old G35 and 60k trouble free miles. You can never have enough cars with VQ engines! It's just so strong and reliable that the Pathfinder was our only option.

The main reason I bought one is to prepare for those Hurricane evacuations that we have to deal with living on the coast. It will allow us to carry our pets and whatever we need to carry to safer ground. I felt that I needed something that might need be able to handle some off-road situations that became common during last years Houston area Hurricane Rita evacuation.

Anyway, I just wanted to join the forum and learn from your experiences that are documented here.

Happy Trails!

WAVEY hello and welcome! nice choice!! i think, with or without hurricanes you should try a lil off roadin sly we have a couple members wheel their '05's B)

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

Welcome aboard. There GPS is a good thing too for optional routes in an evacuation. Got us out of Katrina pretty quick.

We ordered the Nav for just that purpose. I used to think it was just a 'toy' thing, but it comes in very handy when driving through unfamiliar areas.

Edited by joe_s2k

Welcome !! Unfortunately I understand that the hurricane situation may be fierce for a few years so you probably made a wise decision. Hopefully I'm wrong, but you will be glad wih your choice regardless.

:beer:

B

Welcome!

Most of us get our accessories from www.summitracing.com and www.4x4parts.com and www.rockyroad.com and of course ebay. Although I got my bull bar from another board member! :aok:

There are a couple of other Texan members here, check out the link to Texas Nissan Trucks in Cuong Nguyen's sig.

Hope we can answer any and all questions you might have!

Guest Infiniti-QX4X4

Welcome! I see we gota nother Texan with a Texas size 06 Pathy on the way. :D

Where in Texas are you exactly located? I'm assuming closer to the coast?

• 4 weeks later...

Well. My Pathy came in a little early and just in time for these Texas sized rain storms. It's a different world being able to see all the traffic in front of me. :aok:

I'm so used to being in my Honda S2000 and staring at myself in all of those polished chrome bumpers in front of me. :D

I have to say that my wife and I love our new vehicle and I've already ordered a few things for it online. If these shipments would hurry up and get here. B)

Thanks again for all your help. I'll be around.

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome - glad you like your new pathy - what all did you get for it already? :aok:

So far just the typical floor mats, cargo mats from weathertech and a dog enclosure. We'll be doing some day trips pretty soon! :aok:

If you like long beach rides without haveing to look a houses and people, you should check out Matagorda Beach. You'll need to use the 4wd in a few places, but it's not a bad beach. It's about 20miles to the end and then you just drive back the same way you came in. They even have little trails that go pretty far behind the dunes where you can check out the cows and do a little exploring.

Welcome to the boards, Come check out TexasNissanTrucks We're always having get togethers and wheelin trips.

So far just the typical floor mats, cargo mats from weathertech and a dog enclosure. We'll be doing some day trips pretty soon! :aok:

woohoo! The addiction starts! :D

Welcome to NPORA!