Expensive Parts!

I know it's been discussed before but I HAVE to tell you guys how much I was just priced for these parts. I just called my local Nissan stealership to price a passenger side exhaust manifold and a passenger side pre-cat (since I don't no for SURE where the leak is).

Exhaust manifold is $180...about what I expected from the dealership.

The pre-cat however, I was told, costs $913 dollars!! I was amazed. I actually asked the guy to repeat himself as I couldn't believe my ears!

He actually had the gall to ask me if I wanted it. Haha!

That actually doesnt surprise me at all. Nissan is notorious for ridiculously priced parts.

99.5% of the time, you do not need to replace the precat unless the structure of it has been compromised.

There are aftermarket pre-cats available for MUCH less than the dealer prices. I wish I could remember the source I got mine at. I had trouble passing emissions last year, and the cause was melted cats and a bad distributor (coil). After making several calls to the California Air Resources Board, they provided me with some aftermarket cat mfr's, and I bought new cats for about $200 each.

Edited by XPLORx4

I got told by nissan that lower ball joints are $150 each no one else sells them here and tie rod ends are $126 each.

Atleast Nissan are consitant with something, Ripping us all off!!! B)

Yep... I just bought tie rod ends inner's and outer's quote from nissan was too much for my pocket, found some at local parts store 11.33 for outer's 13.00 for inner's, strut bearings 12.00 each, and CV axles 130.00 and all CND prices. That total is about 1/5 of nissan's total. Nissan parts may be better that obvious, but i doubt they are going to last 5 times longer and or be 5 times stronger.

Do a search for Dave Burnette at a dealer in Austin...I can't remember which one...I know I posted it in the Garage...

For bushings, always Google that stuff and see if companies like Energy Suspension make them...

For cats, I do Magnaflow, or just hollow them out and run O2 simulators.

Yeah, they are good at sticking it to you for parts. I have found that eBay is the best place for me to find what I need. i.e. a replacement alloy rim ran me $100 on eBay. Nissan wanted $275 for it. (and that actually was one of the more reasonable part prices they have ever quoted me)

I got told by nissan that lower ball joints are $150 each no one else sells them here and tie rod ends are $126 each.

Atleast Nissan are consitant with something, Ripping us all off!!! B)

So is that close to 42 USD (dealership price) for a tie rod end? I thought the AUD had a good exchange rate lately...if so, that's pitiful pricing.

I just had both manifolds and FelPro Gaskets delivered to my house through AutoZone. One side was $51.99 and the other was $71.99 and they came with new heat sheilds. They also came with gaskets, but i figured the gaskets would be crappy....and i was right, so i ordered the FelPros at the same time. I also ordered new manifold to CAT gaskets too. All delivered to me in 4 days for $186