Rear wheel carrier

So is that the wrap around style in your pic Venge, or is that the standard?

Are the wings those little angled pieces that keep you from having the regular end caps on the truck?

How does the tire get out of the way for rear hatch access?

Are those prices shipped or will that be more yet?

That is the standard style shown...they dont make wrap-arounds frequently, and don't have pictures online for those.

The wings are the pieces that would make it a wrap-around, and they would go all the way up to the rear wheel well along the side of the truck. This would replace the entire factory bumper assembly, including the cheesy weak mounts.

It is a swing-away carrier, so the tire carrier swings away to the passenger side for hatch access.

Those prices are NOT shipped, shipping would be extra. Like I said before, he is not very enthusiastic about shipping these because of the wings, and the fact that they would have to be shipped incomplete due to size and the last set of welds would have to be laid by the purchaser, though, I am sure he'd be willing to ship if it brought him more business....money is money right?

I wouldn't have a problem finishing it up myself with those prices. :bow: I might be ready to buy one around the end of summer. How thick of material are they made out of? It would be nice to have some recovery points on there too. I know I had another question to ask but forgot as I was typing it up. -thnkboutit-

Nevermind, I didn't look very close the first time. It already has recovery points on it, but I remembered I was going to ask about offsetting the tire towards the passenger side by a few inches. I know a bunch of companies do this, and would help regain some of the rearview lost by adding the tire.

What kind of device is he using to latch them shut? I'd be really annoyed if it clanked around everytime I drove over a bump. :beer:

Edited by tmorgan4

I'll take a wrap around !!

Hey Veng is this guy in the NorthEast ?? I would even drive to pick it up.

Looks like $75 to $100 for powdercoating which is what I would do. When do you think he would have one available ???

Awesome Job Veng !! Thanks for finding this one !!

V: a suggestion for him for the wings, why not do them like the TJM front bumper, they come separate, and they bolt to the main bumper...

No, he's not in the Northeast, he's here in Arizona.

The latching mechanism is a very tight pin system. I shook around one on the back of his truck and it moved the truck.

I wouldn't use the D-rings on there as recovery points. They are more of a tie-down type hookup and are intended as the safety loops for the tow-hitch. You can put a D-ring in the reciever to use as a recovery point or weld on some 1/4" plate to use as a shackle mount.

In light of my recent monetary issues, it will probably be sometime next month.

There are already provisions for hi-lift mounts. He will not put a Jerry Can mount on the tire carrier for safety's sake. If you get rear-ended and the can ruptures and something sparks....KABOOM.

He does make these little adventure rack type things that are similar to those back-racks found on some Jeeps that slide down into the top of the carrier in either 24"x17" or 36"x17". Not sure on a price for those, because I didn't ask.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm game. Imma build me a bumper made out of cardboard, then get that aluminum tape they use for HVAC and cover it with that, then paint it brown, then black spots, then green lines. It'll be so cool!

Jose

I know that something is baking in austrialia with a tire carrier hooked on the hitch... I know this could be good for those who would like to keep the oem rear bumper...

the story here: http://pcoa.org.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1...=a&start=30

Very nice! :D

We need this kind of stuff closer to home, though. :shrug: