Question

jareece

Does anyone know if they make a body lift kit for a 94 Pathy automatic? The kits I've seen always say.. DOES NOT FIT automatics. But a guy on another forum i'm on has an automatic and has a body lift on it. I questioned him about it and he said someone put that kit on for him, He later went back and added a 3' suspesion lift on top of the body lift. He said he'd ask the guy that put it on for him.. but never replied. so any help on what i could do would be great.

Thanks in a advance!!!

With the 1994, the only body lift available that will work with your Pathy is the one for sale from AC (http://www.4x4parts.com). They have different bolts in the rear and AC has outfitted the body lifts with the correct bolts for your application.

2" Body Lift

3" Body Lift

There is no difference between an automatic and manual transmission kit. On the automatics, you don't have to do anything with the transmission shifter.

Awesome, thanks dude. The guy i bought the truck from gave me a 3' body lift. but it says... well can't remember the year model. but it's for the hardbody. He said it'll work.. But i ain't going to waste no time til I know something for sure.

What do you think about it? Will it work or not.

Like i said he let it go with the truck, said he was gonna put it on, but Sold it to me before he got the chance

I don't know if a Hardbody kit would fit, but I bet it would. Much of the parts for the trucks are the same, other than leaf vs. coil springs, 2 doors and a bed vs. 4 doors and a roof, etc. But yeah, if your body lift is Pathy-compatible, you should be fine with an autotragic tranny. Many have done the body lift with an auto, just the same as those of us with a manual. For install, search for posts by statikuz, 88pathoffroad, me, and many others for tips.

Awesome, thanks dude. The guy i bought the truck from gave me a 3' body lift. but it says... well can't remember the year model. but it's for the hardbody. He said it'll work.. But i ain't going to waste no time til I know something for sure.

What do you think about it? Will it work or not.

Like i said he let it go with the truck, said he was gonna put it on, but Sold it to me before he got the chance

The Hardbody kit won't work for the Pathy, they require a diiferent spacer set and bolt types.

As for automatic, it's run off cable, so a body lift causes no issues there.

I wonder if you could just source some generic 3" blocks to make up the rest of the kit. Most of the mounts just use long bolts and nuts anyways, nothing too specific there. You already have most of the other "stuff." Oh, and are those odd shaped plate pieces the bumper mounts? Top middle of pic, the parts that are skinny on top and fat at the bottom, with 4 bolt holes. Looks like it, and if so and they work for you, that should be sooo much better than the P.O.S. bracket method the Pathy kit uses.

Edited by Mr. Pickles

man i'm not sure what's what in that kit hahaha. The only papers in that kit, was something saying..WILL NOT FIT automatics. so even if it would work I wouldn't have a clue where to start and what all that other stuff is LOL.

No worries, even with the Pathy kit you'd end up with extra stuff. I've still got leftover nuts, bolts and washers, and I've been using them on other projects for like a year!

I believe 2 of those square box shaped pieces should go between the driveline hoop and the mounts at the body, but I'm not sure where the others go. Go about midway down the driveline, and you'll see this hoop- a metal hoop extending down from the body, around the driveline, and back. Actually, after looking at them, they seem to be smaller than the ones in the Pathy kit. Maybe they have another use on the Hardbody, but the Pathy kits uses 2 of those like I mentioned above.

The metal tube section should be your fuel filler extension. Simply cut the filler hose a ways below where you fill 'er up, inside the passenger side rear fender. Insert the extension piece, and clamp the hose on either end.

The rubber hose would be the power steering line extension, although the alternative and probably easier route is to simply relocate the fluid reservoir slightly down the fenderwell by drilling new holes to bolt it to.

I believe the long metal plate with the Z-bend at left-center is a radiator drop bracket.

Then there are the other plates/brackets. They don't look too familiar, so I'll let the next guy cover those. ;)

Oh, and are those odd shaped plate pieces the bumper mounts? Top middle of pic, the parts that are skinny on top and fat at the bottom, with 4 bolt holes. Looks like it, and if so and they work for you, that should be sooo much better than the P.O.S. bracket method the Pathy kit uses.

Yes they are.

I helped install a 3" on a freind's HB last summer, those front bumper brackets are way better than the flat tabs they put in the Pathy kits pssd .

I dont think it will look tacky at all. I think it will look great.

Back on topic your going to need those long black metric bolts that are only included with the pathfinder kit. If you have those youve won half the battle already. If not, id search to find the size youll need.

And it is possible, I have a 3" susp and 3" body lift on right now.