Newbie from Michigan

jb77

Just wanted to say hello and to introduce myself. I live in Oakland County Michigan with my wife, our chocolate lab and our two Nissans. I drive a 2005 SE 4X4, no mods, though I am removing the running boards and splash guards and plan on ditching the stock tires as soon as possible. My wife drives a 2005 Altima 3.5 SE. I grew up in northern Michigan so I like to off road whenever I get the chance, which is not often anymore. I'll post pics soon.

Hey thanks everyone! I love the 05, could live without the VDC, it does take time to get used to. The UP is awsome! Lot's of places to go, logging trails, railroad grades, thousands of acres of state land and few people. The only chance I've had to test the 4wd was over a month ago. We got about 6 in of snow, didn't need 4wd but I wanted to test it anyway. I hope to test it out this spring as were heading for Copper Harbor in June. If we get a free weekend before then maybe we'll hit some trails around my home town.

I've lived in MI all my life and have never been to the isle. I have to go someday, I hear it's incredible. Copper Harbor is a first too. Never been past Whitefish Point. It's been a long week at work but I'll get some pics up of my Pathy this weekend, and the dog too.

whitefish pt.? nice.. went there a couple of years ago..(birders' paradise) pretty cool.. watch out for that sugar sand though.. it will suck you up faster then you can utter WTF?.. :D don't ask me how i know.. lol

i didn't have a good chance to check out copper h. area. i was with others and they didn't want to get lost before the boat ride to the isle.. however, there is some good wheeling and other stuff to check out.. pretty far up there though..

Welcome...

I have family in Michigan, Oakland cty, was born in Livonia, lived in Farmington Hills, Oak Park and West bloomfield.

As for cool places, have you been to Silver Lake & the dunes, it's noth of Muskeegon about 30 min, great place to take the family to.

Enjoy the site...

Joe

We had the Altima last summer when we were at Whitefish, so we didn't have a chance to really go exploring. Tons of DNR officers, though. It looked as though you could have some serious fun of those beaches and trails. :aok:

Joe

Never been to the dunes by Silver Lake, I'll have to check it out some time. I'm originally from Roscommon County and my wife grew up in Canton and we've lived in Farmington Hills and now Novi. Our place is up for sale as we are looking to move further out of the city. We like the area but we want a larger place and some land as well.

Thanks.

Also... placed a link for photos in 2005 forum.

Edited by jb77